+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wanted 2x6sl7 valves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm paul.

Default wanted 2x6sl7 valves

hi all
    after a couple of 6sl7 valves/tubes,going to build a acf aikido cathode follower and am now trying to get the various bits and bobs needed for the project.
    regards
    paul

I'm Andrew.

Lovely pair further down the listings chap.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Lovely pair further down the listings chap.
    they certainly are andrew,but a little bit overboard quality and price wise i feel
    im hoping to get this project up and running for well under that price,not to mention i may screw up....i would never sleep again if i toasted them
    cheap and cheerful is all i need at this stage...hifi vodoo parts will come later if successful.

anyone know if i can use 6n9s ruskies instead?...there more my price,seem they have a little more gain and a hv limit of around 250v on quick inspection...

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    they certainly are andrew,but a little bit overboard quality and price wise i feel
    im hoping to get this project up and running for well under that price,not to mention i may screw up....i would never sleep again if i toasted them
    cheap and cheerful is all i need at this stage...hifi vodoo parts will come later if successful.

anyone know if i can use 6n9s ruskies instead?...there more my price,seem they have a little more gain and a hv limit of around 250v on quick inspection...
    What about the 1579? Remember the Moskido I was going to build, well I purchased some for that, the guy that developed it with help from Broskie said the 1579 was better than ANY other variant on the planet and I think he tried them all! They seem pretty rare now, the last 4 I bought cost me a small fortune, metal base jobs but I think I also bought 4 non metal, these look like new. It must be do-able, they guy might even help you out, he was really keen when i emailed him a year or so ago, I just never got round to doing anything as usual. So find out how to make them fit the circuit and you have your valves.....
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Alan.

And I think bob tried voodoo parts in that position, thats why I bought the 1579's, no need for voodoo, actually these might as well be voodoo because they are now like hens teeth.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm paul.

hi dude
    ill have a read up on the specs....as i just dont know what specs "hens teeth" have
    joking a side.ill check them out,the reason i was after the 6sl7 type is because they demand the lowest current via the heaters for this type....trying to see if i can get away with using the wd psu3 extra pre-amp power outputs to power it while still powering the phono side of things....ive fired a new thread on the forum as i cant find that info

+ Reply to Thread