+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio Desk Pro RCM

I'm James.

Just heard back from my mate, he's been sick for about a month and is improving slowly so isn't up for visitors atm, sorry dude :/
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classť Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm James.

That degritter looks top!
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classť Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegger68 View Post
    Just heard back from my mate, he's been sick for about a month and is improving slowly so isn't up for visitors atm, sorry dude :/
    Ok mate thanks for asking all the same
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / Jelco 750D / EAR 834P modified / Denon DL 103. Vinyl rig 2 - Lenco GL75 c/w original arm and Shure M75ED MM cart / trichord Diablo with NCPSU. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Mac Mini / Lampizator Atlantic Plus tube rectified Dac / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Duelund WE16GA Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Lee.

Theyíre from Estonia mate not the U.K. unless Iíve missed something, they also have a decent Facebook site which has regular updates. When I last spoke to them the RRP was going to be in the region of Ä1800

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Interesting - and UK as well. Could well be interested at the right price.

I think part of Audiodesk's problem is that they are German and therefore pretty much by definition tone deaf when it comes to customer service - and very likely over-arrogant about their engineering prowess as well.
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / Jelco 750D / EAR 834P modified / Denon DL 103. Vinyl rig 2 - Lenco GL75 c/w original arm and Shure M75ED MM cart / trichord Diablo with NCPSU. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Mac Mini / Lampizator Atlantic Plus tube rectified Dac / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Duelund WE16GA Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Russell.

The Degritter is a nice looking unit! I do believe they are trying to address the issues found with the Audiodesk. The first clue is the name, cleaner and dryer. I recall a review I saw from Mr. Freemer on the Audiodesk, and he had to rack dry his records after cleaning. Plus there are a lot of consumables involved in the Audiodesk, rollers, brushes and filters that must be replaced to keep it working. I donít know what the Degritter requires in consumables so thatís not really a comparison. But the Degritter certainly wins on the looks and compact size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Andy.

The degritter looks like my toaster, wonder if it warms bagels?

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    The degritter looks like my toaster, wonder if it warms bagels?
    I'm currently attempting to negotiate a slot on their beta test programme.

The only issue is the noise when drying but in principle I think this has potential to be a useful addition alongside the Loricraft. Definitely a nod to Italian design though from the logo through to the shape of the appliance.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST25 supertweeters; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; tube preamp - Gate Audio tube; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 Mk I tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage from Gate Audio preamp; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink.

I'm Adam.

The only issue is the noise when drying but in principle I think this has potential to be a useful addition alongside the Loricraft. Definitely a nod to Italian design though from the logo through to the shape of the appliance.
    Indeed, this is interesting!...
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Garrard 401, Russ Collinson 'shindo style' plinth / Tenuto gun metal mat / SME-3012 j7 rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / Ortofon Vintage SPU GTE /Shure M3D / Ortofon Royal N / Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Vintage GE VRII mono / Amps: Radford STA25 mk3 / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC custom crossovers / Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture sapele rack

I'm Lee.

Yes the Degritter does look like it may be the best option for me going forwards, I think I will hit the idea on the head for the Audio desk product due to the numerous issues they have been experiencing and the cost of the consumables

I'm Lee.

Are their still places available on the programme? I was under the impression that all slots had been fulfilled

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast