+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phono stage for an LP12

I'm Alan.

I've sent you a PM Martin.

The unit can be loaned with no obligation.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    Also it's interesting that the stages I mentioned in my first post don't seem to have had any comment, is that just how it is or are they not regarded that strongly at this level?
    It's probably that like me, nobody who has posted so far has tried those you mention.

I do rate Graham Slee phono stages though, having used the ERA Gold V and Reflex M. Both very nice when used with the PSU 1 linear power supply, but they are possibly priced rather above your budget.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    Apologies I did see that and should have said "much" comment.. Are you saying that would be your choice over the others I mentioned and those that have been suggested by other folk since?
    My current phono stage is a GSP Reflex M, and before I got that I ran a GramAmp 2SE. The GramAmp 2SE gave me faultless service for something like 14 years, and it continues to give faultless service in a friend's system.
    I've never heard anything that comprehensively wipes the floor either phono stage, and I get to hear some pretty high faluting stuff on a fairly regular basis.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

As Geoff has said, the other phono stages mentioned are ones I haven't heard either.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Martin.

Thanks again everyone, very much appreciated.

Alan, thank you too and replied...

I'm tony.

Martin,
    PM sent.

I'm Simon.

I tried the Slee upto the Gold version, and are good value for money. But i ended up with a Vincent Pho-8, this is a great value stage and comes with separate PSU which is rare at this price point of £280. They do a home demo service if you require.

I'm Martin.

That looks interesting, thank you.

I'm Simon.

You're best going with a home demo to make sure it fits with your system to be honest, or Amazon returns! I went through about 6 different stages before deciding. Kryi at Vincent is very helpful and will give you some good advice with no sales pressure, likewise on the Slee forum.

I'm Martin.

[I've been using a Music Fidelity V-LPS ll for some time and made comparisons with quite a few more expensive amps including the graham slee range. I generally could not tell the difference.

They can be picked up second hand at less than £100. A great bit of kit to get you going. As with all things hifi, matching is important, so no point going over board on expensive stuff if not matched to the cartridge etc.
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast