+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New guy

I'm Steven.

Default New guy

I’m Steve, just getting some new sound equipment set up in the house. Got a Lenco turntable L 90 recently and have bought a pair of Kef Cresta 100 w speakers. At the mo I have it jimmy rigged to an old Sony amp that I had laying about. I’m mainly looking for advice to get some nice sounding old hi fi equipment to work with the lenco l90 and possibly a better amp for the Kef Cresta speakers.
    Music wise I’m all over the place from soul blues rock reggae folk anything that is satisfying not a massive on electronic music but am happy to try new music. I’m 40 I am originally from Cape Town but live in Tynemouth on the north east coast of England.
    Cheers.

I'm Grant.

Hi Steve. Welcome. Lencos are popular here as is vinyl in general. Hope you enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Hi Steven
    Welcome to the forum. I used to have Kef cresta's and found extending the rear facing port with a cardboard
    or other type of cylinder, transformed them. About 1ft was ideal, give it a go.

Usually with audio separating your phono stage to be dedicated to that task, then similarly
    attenuation and power amplification, leads to good result. So I would be looking at power amps
    rather than integrated types. With power amps a Quad 306 is hard to beat, it was nice and sensitive
    so requiring just passive attenuation as your preamp.

Eric Gale's Multiplication is a ripper of a Blues album, have you got that one ?

Cheers / Chris

I'm Geoff.

Hi Steven. Welcome to AOS.

I'm not familiar with the Lenco L90, but I'm sure members can advise on a system built around it. Try starting a thread in the Blank Canvas section and describe your ideas, I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions.

There's a lot going on here, so feel free to join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread