+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk iPhone forum reader compatibility please

I'm David.

Default Tapatalk iPhone forum reader compatibility please

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Steve, marco, anyone ...
    Any chance of installing this ... I almost exclusively use this forum with my iPhone and if this will make it easier I'd like to give it a go!

Ta
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nick.

Hamish,

I've come across Tapatalk previously, and really want to try it out as well. I've floated the idea to the rest of the team previously. Rob (Filterlab) also has an iPhone so I'm hoping the idea will get some traction! I'm probably getting one when the 5g handset comes out around June. Tapatalk also supports the Android phone OS - from what I've read it looks fantastic, giving real ease of use to V-Bulletin on phones (against which a standard browser is really painful to use!).

So I'm with you... but waiting to get a phone so I can get it working and actually see that it works for myself. If Rob wants to run with it though, you might get it sooner, as he's got the hardware to test it out already...

I'm glad you posted this. I would be useful to see how many other iPhone / Android users we have here, and what appetite there would be for Tapatalk integration.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm David.

To be fair safari is exelent for the most part, with only minor iritations when posting long posts... What with the photobucket app (that actually works these days) the iPhone is pretty snazzy when it comes to forums... That said if this tapatalk can iron out those last little glitches and make access a bit faster I will be most pleased

5g in June eh? I'm due and upgrade in august
    what 5g gonna give us then?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Just had a go with tapatalk, seems pretty good to be fair... At first glance at least.
    It has more features than unexpected it to...
    There are some pretty bloody random forums out there you know!

I'm Nick.

Oops! Should have said 4G!

But it is due out in June. Rumours are 5 megapixel main camera, plus front facing camera for video conferencing etc. Improved OLED display. Camera flash. Ignore the 'artists impression' in this article

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18688...s_heat_up.html
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... As someone who's owned the same (very basic) mobile phone for nearly four years (still functioning perfectly), and uses it simply for making and receiving calls, and sending texts, I always find these conversations amusing!

Whatever floats yer boat though, chaps!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

dunno what ya missisng mate ... (i think we have been here before marco, i belive i was typeing on the forum whilst on a bus at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Oops! Should have said 4G!

But it is due out in June. Rumours are 5 megapixel main camera, plus front facing camera for video conferencing etc. Improved OLED display. Camera flash. Ignore the 'artists impression' in this article

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18688...s_heat_up.html
    i looks like they are adressing the major bug issues... i wonder if the removable battery will last a big longer??

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

dunno what ya missisng mate ... (i think we have been here before marco, i belive i was typeing on the forum whilst on a bus at the time)
    Hehehe..... The problem is, my head just doesn't work the right way, if you get me

'Gadgets' and me don't really mix.

Anyway, if this 'Tapatalk' stuff makes accessing the forum easier for some people, or improves their user experience of it, then bring it on I say!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... As someone who's owned the same (very basic) mobile phone for nearly four years (still functioning perfectly), and uses it simply for making and receiving calls, and sending tets, I always find these conversations amusing!
    That's fine if you only want to call/text, but the world of mobile communication has moved way way past that limited usage.

I use my iPhone for business a lot, it's great for porting 'net based information, I can carry and use the work's database, I have a full office suite on the phone, I use it as a wi-fi network hard drive, when I'm meeting media clients and I can show them videos and demonstrations, I can receive emails from clients wherever I go and I can send various content (i.e. images from a client meeting at a new venue) to my media business partner's iPhone. It doesn't matter where I am, I never have to wait until I get home to do 'net based activity.

Amusing you may find it, but it's the shape of current technology and leisure (e.g. forums) fall into that area. Whilst you may not necessarily value it yourself, there's a multi-billion pound industry which earns from it and millions of worldwide users who depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    i looks like they are adressing the major bug issues... i wonder if the removable battery will last a big longer??
    Not all iPhones have battery issues. This is a screen grab from my current iPhone showing more than ample battery life:

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm David.

My 3gs battery life is gash, in fact I have had it confined that it is in fact faulty...

Anyway, what about tapatalk?? I wants to give it a go!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast