+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FS] Croft Epoch Phono Pre - Upgraded

I'm Richie.

Default [FS] Croft Epoch Phono Pre - Upgraded

For sale is my Croft Epoch, which has been through a few hands on the forum. Obviously well regarded by one and all.

It really does sound amazing, and I have enjoyed my time with it. It has resided in the front room (in the main set up) with a Firebottle Air and really sung. The update to the phono stage was also quite noticeable. Anyway, I have just become a dad and the dual volume has become a bit of a thing for my wife (as well as need to turn everything off), so it has to go. I'd like to keep it, but I need the funds for other stuff.

Here is a previous sale thread - I bought it from mikeb after that! http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-nice-upgrades

Since I have had it, it has been back to Glenn to have £100 worth of updates. In his words:

"Hi Richie,
    I can update the phono stage and ht supply – that would cost £100 – there’s not a lot else that can be done without spending loads of money.
    Cheers,
    Glenn."

I also have two NOS Tesla E83CC and a new 6NS7 that I purchased for it and did not fit.

I am after £500 for the amp, or £600 with the valves.

Any questions - fire away!

IMG_1023.jpgIMG_1024.jpgIMG_1025.jpg

I'm Dominic.

I’m looking for a first foray into valves and this looks like it may be a good place to start. Do you think it would work ok with my DV-20x2L MC cartridge it only outputs 0.3mV? Rest of system is Lenco with NA Ace Anna arm, Quad 707 and Troels Gravesen SMA MW19 speakers.

I'm Richie.

I think you would need a SUT or a head amp for the cart. I have a firebottle head amp I could chuck in for £100 (I am currently using it with a 0.3mV Denon DL300)

Apparently the Croft goes well into Quad power amps, but I have not tried it. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    I think you would need a SUT or a head amp for the cart. I have a firebottle head amp I could chuck in for £100 (I am currently using it with a 0.3mV Denon DL300)

Apparently the Croft goes well into Quad power amps, but I have not tried it. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
    Yep, Croft pre amps work well with quad amps. I ran the Micro into a 405-2 and 606 for years. Nice combination.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Dominic.

Yes, I’d heard others say Croft and Quad partner well. With the Firebottle I’m sorely tempted. I’ll check with Santa tonight and hope there’s Claus for celebration!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yep, Croft pre amps work well with quad amps. I ran the Micro into a 405-2 and 606 for years. Nice combination.
    FWIW +1, 25R into 405-2, 306 and 303 (currently in system) over here with wonderful results.

Nice pre, GLWS.

I'm Richie.

I'll be going SE London - Kent - Wilts - Bristol on Friday (I know!) if it helps anyone...

I'm Manny.

Bargain. Glenn's a modest man. The jump to a world beating preamp is an investment on many levels, as you'll never sell an ultimate preamp by Glenn. I'll forever be grateful for the Charisma-X he built me.

I'm Richie.

Thanks manny - I wish it made sense to keep it.

I'm Andrew.

There is no way in hell I'd part with mine, good luck with sale.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast