+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dads.

I'm Grant.

I sincerely hope he and you all enjoy xmas.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    My sincere thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts and feelings on this thread, it has been comforting and supportive. I haven't been emotionally able to reply to everything I read but every word was appreciated.

Dad has cancer in most of his major organs and emphysema, they are letting him come home tomorrow so he can spend christmas with mum and the family, he is coming home with half the hospital by the look of it, but as it is helping him to live pain free and keeping his breathing less laboured we are happy. It looks like his last christmas won't be as bad as first feared, as he is in good spirits and has his wicked sense of humour back. I'm betting that under the circumstances we'll be sharing a glass of scotch or two as well.

In a twisted sort of way, how the last 4 weeks have unfolded has been a blessing, we know we are going to lose him and it's going to hurt like hell, but we have been given the chance to prepare for it as much as is emotionally possible, it sinks in a bit more everyday, and we do get to have dad in much better spirits and suffering much less than he has been for a long time. There is no way to lose someone you care about that doesn't fill you with pain, but being given a chance to take a breath of comfort before being submerged in grief has been a gift.
    The only kindness is knowing the time you have with him is so important. Have a great Christmas

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

This is a difficult thread to reply to. I suspect that most dads are OK - even if they do seem awkward sometimes - and they will appreciate discussion and expressions of emotional support and involvement etc. However generalities don't always work - and I know of and have heard of some "difficult" cases where there is perhaps nothing which can reasonably, or even with extreme efforts, be done to make "contact". Hopefully thse are rare, but they do happen.

Where there are difficulties they could possibly lead to feelings of guilt on the part of other relatives, though they may eventually have to let these go.

Keep trying and hope for a breakthrough. Good luck, and I hope you have a Happy Christmas.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234