+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New toy

Bigman80 Guest

Default New toy

Hi all,

Thanks to Angus (Phonomac) for the loan of this badboy!

Anyone have any experience with the Kontrapunt B?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

A friend of mine had one on a SME V / Gyrodec and it sounded very good indeed.
    ~Paul~

I'm Simon.

Nice carts, low riders...
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

It's an odd shape. Seems to be leaning back!

Sounds very good though! Very good.

I'm Andrew.

Had the Rohman which I think was the next one in the series. Excellent cart, still beats lots today. A keeper.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Had the Rohman which I think was the next one in the series. Excellent cart, still beats lots today. A keeper.
    It's very good. I've not heard anything other than the Vienna and the AT ART-7 that comes close.

I'm Hugo.

I have two Kontrapunkt Bs - one that has been re-tipped too many times, and a much nicer NOS example bought from Thakker a couple of years ago. Very nice cartridges indeed. Set VTF to the maximum recommended 2.7g, raise the arm height so that it's slightly higher at the pivot (eg 'tail up'), and you won't go wrong.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    I have two Kontrapunkt Bs - one that has been re-tipped too many times, and a much nicer NOS example bought from Thakker a couple of years ago. Very nice cartridges indeed. Set VTF to the maximum recommended 2.7g, raise the arm height so that it's slightly higher at the pivot (eg 'tail up'), and you won't go wrong.
    Thanks for the setup pointers, I'll give that a try.

NOS? I didn't think any of those remained!

I'm Adam.

I have one and loved it. It was my main cartridge for years, right up to the point when the diamond fell off! I have moved on from it, but I still have it and must get round to having it re-tipped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I have one and loved it. It was my main cartridge for years, right up to the point when the diamond fell off! I have moved on from it, but I still have it and must get round to having it re-tipped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What do you use now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast