+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Genius at Work (No.2)

I'm Martin.

All magma belongs to the Queen, same as with swans.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I expect there's a steel beam through it.
    That's what I thought, but I doubt if one was fitted when the terrace was built.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    There will come a point where you could be charged with "Procurement of magma".
    Well in law all land in the UK ultimately belongs to the Monarch.

When it comes to 'owning' the land beneath the dwelling, if minerals are found you do not have any rights to them: thus if a coal seam runs under your property you have no mining rights to extract the coal.

But I'm interested in how far down you can claim the land is yours. There must be a finite limit, otherwise the London Underground or Cross Rail would need you permission to dig the tunnels. So is it 20', 50' or more? Some of the subterranean redevelopment of properties can involve three levels, so that would extend 26' or more below ground.

Likewise there must be a limit to how far above your property you have rights.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

I read somewhere that it is 3 feet down. But that may not be correct.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

I'm guy.

"Up to Heaven and down to Hades"
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well in law all land in the UK ultimately belongs to the Monarch.

When it comes to 'owning' the land beneath the dwelling, if minerals are found you do not have any rights to them: thus if a coal seam runs under your property you have no mining rights to extract the coal.

But I'm interested in how far down you can claim the land is yours. There must be a finite limit, otherwise the London Underground or Cross Rail would need you permission to dig the tunnels. So is it 20', 50' or more? Some of the subterranean redevelopment of properties can involve three levels, so that would extend 26' or more below ground.

Likewise there must be a limit to how far above your property you have rights.
    Must be different to how it is in the USA then - I remember Ged Clampet doing very nicely after finding oil on his property.

I doubt that the space above your property would be a matter of rights, though I expect any planning applications would be rejected on safety grounds or because of the visual impact on the area. At the very least you'd be made to put a big red light on top so as to avoid aircraft strikes.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

You're not even allowed to keep the rain that falls on your land in some US states, as that deprives water companies of an asset.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You're not even allowed to keep the rain that falls on your land in some US states, as that deprives water companies of an asset.
    Interesting, you have reminded me of a trip to Greene King brewery in Bury St Edmunds that I went on many years ago. I am sure that I was told that even though they have their own bore hole for water, they still have to pay water rates.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast