+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Genius at Work (No.2)

I'm Steve.

I'm all for gender equality, and it annoys me no end that I can pursue my career as a drag artist, while Mrs. P got laughed out of the door.

And I think she would be very good, and quite convincing.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Paul.

Thing is if the choir continued to be associated with the police and women tried to join and were refused a news story about that probably would have been published and the police dragged down with it, due to their association. You cant win because the press always look for the spin they can put on a story.
    ~Paul~

I'm Geoff.

It's still bollocks though. There has to be a point where common sense takes over surely? Not that there's much evidence of that these days. Far too much pandering to 'sensitivities' in my view.

I'm Steve.

It's like the saying, "it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil", and wheels don't come any squeakier than the campaigners for "equal rights" for gender, race, sexuality and anything else they can find to be indignant about.

The British press, particularly the 'tabloids' are very good at winding people up. Even the television companies (BBC and C4 I'm looking at you) aren't above stirring it up, they're just a bit more subtle.

None of us are immune to this, as can be seen by our reaction to these nonsense stories.

In times of war, we have a bunker mentality which gives us a common enemy to rail against, but in peacetime we don't have this, so we end up sniping at each other. It could be argued that the "war on terrorism" is a war of sorts, but doesn't count, as the enemy is a bunch of nutjobs hiding in plain sight.

Am I allowed to call them nutjobs? Or should I be saying freedom fighters, or disenfranchised individuals. I'm sure there will be a group of something or other ready to tell me what I should be calling them.

These champions for the "downtrodden" minorities are actually doing more harm than good by speaking up for people who probably never asked for their help, and trying to make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves.

Maybe they just need a bit more protein in their diet, and an office with a window.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Yet another contribution to this thread. Hope they've got good insurance!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8295651.html

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yet another contribution to this thread. Hope they've got good insurance!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8295651.html
    Would never have happened to Fred Dibnah. Although he might have dropped it on the cultural centre deliberately. Then gone home to knock his wife about a bit.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

More loopy 'flat earth' nonsense.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/09/real-r...-flat-7451315/

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Notice it is the young that are more likely to believe it. And some people think they should be allowed to vote! Amazing.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Almost as daft as the 'ancient aliens pushed human evolution' theory.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Almost as daft as the 'ancient aliens pushed human evolution' theory.
    At least there is circumstantial evidence for that one.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast