+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Genius at Work (No.2)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Been in one a few times visiting mates.
    I think I've worked out the subject of book you were planning. You could call it "Hatton Garden Geoff - The one that got away".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Fair enough, but they would've probably had a life on the outside then (family, kids, etc), as many who don't, are often more than happy to be imprisoned....

Don't quite get that... Surely the fact that he was caught with it in the first place, with no doubt plenty of police witnesses, was evidence enough of the crime having been committed? The fact that some negligent arses 'lost' the drugs in the interim, before the case coming to court, is surely immaterial?

Besides, I'm sure that with some, erm, 'creative thinking', they could've 'found' some more cocaine to refill the jar, and the accused would've been none the wiser!

Marco.
    IME I've never met anyone who was happy to go to prison.

Re the other: Not how it works. If the cops went up on the stand and testified that the jar was originally full of drugs when they seized it they would have to explain what had happened to them whilst it was in their custody. That wasn't going to happen so with no evidence and no witnesses it was end of trial.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

They have a thing called 'Chain of evidence'. Losing the evidence sort of breaks that chain. That and the copper giving evidence having eyes like saucers.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

This is the biggest 'load of bollocks' I've heard of for a long time. Do people really have nothing better to do?

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-02/s...ane-australia/

I'm Andrew.

This is the biggest 'load of bollocks' I've heard of for a long time. Do people really have nothing better to do?

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-02/s...ane-australia/
    Yep ... Ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

I sort of feel sorry for Angela Wang, making a living from pandering to the whims of the shallow, self-obsessed "me too" generation. So I feel a little bit bad saying that it would have to be a pretty big coffee mug to fit that face on it. Catty!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Youngsters today love that sort of crap.

Poor bastards - they've got no good music, no good films or tv shows, no counter-culture, they don't smoke, hardly drink, don't touch drugs, obsessed about what they eat, obsessed about how they look. In twenty years time they'll start regretting having such a bland, buttoned-down life when they were young and have massive, cataclysmic mid-life crises. Should be a laugh if we are still around to see it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Next thing they will be able to 'airbrush' the froth so even the ugly ones can enjoy a good-looking coffee.

Every day I find an opportunity to say "youth is wasted on the young".

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Yes, another genius at work. It could only happen in America.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...kills-man.html

I'm Russell.

Yes, another genius at work. It could only happen in America.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...kills-man.html
    The media in the US are hell bent to prove that all cops are racist. You can tell from the tone of this article that the fact she was white and he was black was more important than any of the other facts in the case. All I see is that she was extremely stupid and had no business being a cop! And there is no way to prove whether she would have shot if the man was any other color. I’m guessing she would have, being so drunk she didn’t know where she was! This case is big news in the US right now, splattered over every channel and paper. If you had footage of a cop beating a white guy you couldn’t give it to a news outlet, but footage of a black guy getting beaten will fetch you a heathy sum!

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast