+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Genius at Work (No.2)

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    'A man, aged in his 30s, who lives in the area and asked to remain anonymous, witnessed the collapse.

He said it had been "extremely loud" with dust being kicked up "everywhere".

"There were a lot of people coming out of their homes in the surrounding area to see what was going on... It was quite bad, really surreal," he said.'

Well he was certainly worth talking to, painted such a vivid picture.

I'm Martin.

16 million quid house gone just like that. Difficult insurance claim coming.

What would it cost to build an exact replica in its place? A lot less than 16 million. Mine would cost more to rebuild than it's worth.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

Developers probably digging an enormous basement complex and got the wrong size nylon ties to support the structure.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Developers probably digging an enormous basement complex and got the wrong size nylon ties to support the structure.
    Think you may be correct - not much debris above ground level
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

A certain type of property developing in London is happening a lot, and is probably what is happening here: Not allowed to build upwards, no space to extend horizontally, so the only option is to build down.

I saw a TV programme about it recently, some of these residences have multiple below-ground storeys, with gyms, swimming pools, home cinemas, usually commissioned by people with too much money and not much sense. It's their neighbours I feel sorry for, their foundations are also compromised. One old dear that was spoken to showed the giant cracks that were growing on the internal walls of her house, but so far had no luck tracing the "new neighbour", whom she has never seen.

Even some sink holes have been found to be the result of this.

These folk are using the streets of the more affluent parts of London as their own giant Monopoly board, and need to be held to account, if they can be located.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    You're probably right - I used them to keep the wheel trims on my old car, worked a treat. Definitely need to be bigger than that.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm intrigued by the way the parapet is still there, whereas the rest of the house has collapsed.

Out of interest, legally how far does one's property extend below ground level?
    Barry

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm intrigued by the way the parapet is still there, whereas the rest of the house has collapsed.
    Could be because that bit wasn't trying to support the rest?

I'm Geoff.

I expect there's a steel beam through it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Out of interest, legally how far does one's property extend below ground level?
    There will come a point where you could be charged with "Procurement of magma".

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast