+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Genius at Work (No.2)

I'm Gary.

Are prisons really a place of repent or are they holiday homes with special deliveries by drone?

I think for good exercise a chain gang is more appropriate!
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Geoff.

And what's this remission for good behaviour nonsense? If you don't behave, you should get more time.

Prison should be harsh. No TV or PC, no games room, the food should be the cheapest and only the minimum. They should definitely be forced to work, just starve the buggers until they do and give trouble makers hard labour and solitary confinement. It should be such a horrible experience, none will want to return!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    And what's this remission for good behaviour nonsense? If you don't behave, you should get more time.

Prison should be harsh. No TV or PC, no games room, the food should be the cheapest and only the minimum. They should definitely be forced to work, just starve the buggers until they do and give trouble makers hard labour and solitary confinement. It should be such a horrible experience, none will want to return!
    I thought the reason they don't do that anymore was because it didn't work? I've known plenty of people who have done time and none of them were that keen on going back for some more so it can't be that much of a holiday.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I thought the reason they don't do that anymore was because it didn't work?
    That's not really the point. Scumbags should have a hard time anyway. I bet they'd balk at the thought of facing victorian style prison conditions.

I'm Andrew.

Default Genius at Work (No.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Are prisons really a place of repent or are they holiday homes with special deliveries by drone?

I think for good exercise a chain gang is more appropriate!
    When I lived in Georgia you would often see chain gangs collecting rubbish along the roadside, we couldn’t have that here of course as the leftie’s would be up in arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andyrlb; 11-08-2018 at 16:52.

I'm Russell.

That's not really the point. Scumbags should have a hard time anyway. I bet they'd balk at the thought of facing victorian style prison conditions.
    I agree, prison should be harsh! And it would be far cheaper to give someone 5 years that they may not live through, than 40 years of pampering. Only for them to get out in 15 for good behavior. How can anyone hope to be reformed if they’ve got a 40 year sentence? The fear of a hard sentence would be more of a deterrent than a long leisurely sentence, that may be cut short.

And there should definitely be no gangs, sex, drugs, or any illegal shenanigans behind bars! Too many turning a blind eye to what goes on inside.

Russell

I'm Geoff.

Maybe doing the least possible to deter crime and generally depress standards and expectations is all part of a worldwide conspiracy to bring down normal society in 'civilised' countries in order to eventually enslave them (even more).

I'm Steve.

Maybe doing the least possible to deter crime and generally depress standards and expectations is all part of a worldwide conspiracy to bring down normal society in 'civilised' countries in order to eventually enslave them (even more).
    Have you ever thought about writing a novel Geoff? I reckon you could give George Orwell and Aldous Huxley a run for their money!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Have you ever thought about writing a novel Geoff? I reckon you could give George Orwell and Aldous Huxley a run for their money!
    I like fiction .

Actually, I used to consider writing years ago, but never got around to it. Wrote the occasional article that got published though.

I'm Gary.

Possibly Soo true
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast