+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying flac albums

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    How do you know if you are buying genuine hi res files and not just cd quality files that have been converted to a hi res format? Is there any certification?
    So long as the price is OK I am happy with 'just CD quality'. The sites I use mainly for current/new contemporary music (Technics Tracks/7Digital (I think one and the same if truth be known)) don't seem to offer certification but the quality is good on listening and seems to be mostly 16/44.1 but some up to 96k.

On the Classical sites I use mostly, Presto Classical, Promates etc again, I don't think, offer any certification.

I think there has to be a certain amount of trust and if you're in any doubt and it bothers you that much, don't spend your hard-earned..
    Maybe I'm being a bit too trusting.....?
    But so far I haven't bought any Download, from any site and have been disappointed with the sound quality to the extent that led me to think ''...that's an MP3..''

Dip your toe in the water and try a few sites with some individual tracks maybe and have a listen.

Jim.

I'm Bob.

Thanks for all the replies, luckily most of the music I am after is readily available in several second hand music shops in and around London, I have looked at all of the links and will only really use them when I am stuck, prices look a bit like when CD's first came out (A tad overpriced).

But the option is there if needed.

Cheers.

I'm Chris.

I use 7digital quite a lot. Reasonable range with about 7 formats including 24-bit FLAC if you are a fan. 16 bit is OK for me.

Get the real thing if the have the patience to wait for the post or find a shop. I curse everytime I have to use Amazon but there are alternatives. Here's a quick selection

http://moralfibres.co.uk/uk-online-e...ves-to-amazon/

I'm DOUGLAS.

Charity store 5 for £1 on cd’s - the rummage pays dividend... Especially with the upsampling of current DACs. The chance to find a gem is half the fun...

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I use 7digital quite a lot. Reasonable range with about 7 formats including 24-bit FLAC if you are a fan. 16 bit is OK for me.
    They at least have stuff by the Strawbs like "Hero and Heroine", that is one I would buy if I can't find the CD.

They also have Lene Lovich "Flex", that is a hard one to find on CD, looks like I may set up an account
    Last edited by bobvfr; 03-12-2017 at 23:45.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by bobvfr View Post

If you purchase an album can you copy it to other devices?
    Yes , they are files like any other .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12