Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Lol... Yes, but from what I've seen, your curtains remain permanently closed (and as a result, your room is like the black hole of Calcutta), therefore no wonder it's cold, as no sun ever gets in!

Feel free to correct me if it's only like been like that when I've been there...

As for the bit I've highlighted, how do you cope in the winter, with the same cold room, but MUCH lower temperatures? If the room's so cold in the summer, it must be absolutely freezing in the winter, one would imagine even with your heating system on full blast?

Only the curtains on the back window stay closed, on the front they are always open. Irrelevant really since the house is very carefully positioned so that it does not catch the sun at any time of day. I think this is why it stays so cool in the summer.

There's double glazing and no draughts so it only gets properly cold if the temperature drops below about 4 degrees C, otherwise it is fine. If it gets a bit too nippy I put a fleece on. The real game is when you go to have a shower as there is no heating in the back at all. But I'm used to it, I've spent all my life in freezing cold houses.