+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Component

MartinT Guest

Default Your Dream Component

In a different thread I've just announced that I have ordered the object of my dream: a Dynavector DV 507-II pickup arm. I can trace this desire back to 1976 when I was 18 and invited over to my friend's house to install one (it was then a DV-501 model I believe) on a three-post Micro Seiki direct drive turntable. Wow, from the moment I opened the box to first dropping the stylus of the mounted Supex cartridge onto vinyl, I just knew that one day I had to have one. The fact that it sounded so good was a bonus!

So what is your object of desire and how long have you wanted one? Did you finally achieve your goal or do you anticipate having it one day? Include pics please!

My object of desire cost around £8K in the early 80's when I first saw it in the flesh. Which is around £26K now, if they still made it, which they don't. I lusted after it for many years, never ever believing that I would one day own one for myself.

And yes, I achieved my dream a few years ago thanks to BBC Northern Ireland. Perfect mechanical condition & new heads.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    My object of desire cost around £8K in the early 80's when I first saw it in the flesh. Which is around £26K now, if they still made it, which they don't. I lusted after it for many years, never ever believing that I would one day own one for myself.

And yes, I achieved my dream a few years ago thanks to BBC Northern Ireland. Perfect mechanical condition & new heads.

Awesome Kris better machines than Studer IMHO

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Awesome Kris better machines than Studer IMHO
    But what is it?

I would prefer a Studer C37, and came very close to buying a Studer A62 not so long ago.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nick.

That looks lovely Kris! I've no idea what it is though, along with Barry. There's much I'd like but nothing I can't live without. If I do hanker after things it's those that are just out of my pocket's way, rather than things that are a lottery win away. A Technics RS-1520 would be nice, or a Nakamichi Dragon - still the best tape deck for playback if you've a lot of tapes recorded on a lot of different machines... and for lottery money I'd like a fully spec'd EMT turntable... I'll keep buying the tickets
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    But what is it?
    Sony APR-5003V

I'm notAlone.

Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario for me...

Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

MartinT Guest

Wow Kris - respect!

I'm Neil.

How did you manage that ? Getting anything out of them is like getting blood from a stone. I buy the odd tape from an engineer in NI BBC but that's it, any thing else must be under the radar. Ulster Orchestra guys do quite well..or so I am led to believe.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Nobody.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast