+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Little HELP From Members

I'm Steve.

Default A Little HELP From Members

Not sure if this is the right area for this post, if not could one of the moderators please move to the correct area

Hello fellow members,

I’m seeking help and advice regarding the sound of my system –
    System comprises of -
    Project 2experience sb-dc - Oroton 2m silver
    Strathclyde STD305M – ADC ZLM
    Schiit Mani Phono Stage
    Cyrus CD8se
    Rega Brio 2017
    Dynaudio Emit20
    Inter connects are Klotz with Ms Audio rca and Audioquest Diamondback rca
    QED QT40 Speaker Cable

My issue is this, The overall sound is really very good – tight bass fantastic mid (acceptable) treble but id like a little more sparkle at the top. My amp seems to drive the speakers with ease but the finer nuances of cymbals and hi hat seem a little lacklustre.
    Any advice on how to tackle the issue would be welcomed
    Not sure where to start E.g. speaker cable, interconnects, blah blah blah
    The vast knowledge of members here will I'm sure help sort my problem.

Regards Steve…
    Last edited by STD305M; 16-11-2017 at 06:52.

Bigman80 Guest

Which bit isn't delivering? Digital or analogue?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

Is this a new issue ? Is it with CD and both turntables ?

I'm Neil.

First off, speaker cables and interconnect changes are not going to give you what you need, so tread carefully here.

What you are looking for is a more fundamental change... what stands are you using with your speakers, and are you using spikes? How is your turntable set up i.e. is it on a rack or wall-shelf, is it decoupled? What rack are you using, if any? Often, a different approach to setting up components e.g. with coupling or decoupling techniques can give you what you need without having to change components.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Adrian.

You may find a cheap set of supertweeters are worth a go. I have a pair stacked on my Mission 750's and they helped define the base and added to the top end and placement. I would not be without them albit I expect somebody else would find everything a bit bright. Having said that those Dynaudio should not be lacking anything particularly with the Cyrus CD. Adrian.

I'm Steve.

Default A Little HELP From Members

Hi,
    The sound is the same from all sources, My speakers are mounted on Partington Dreadnoughts and the issue has been there since day one.
    Both the turntables are on racks with one on a thick wooden plinth and one on a granite plinth.
    Im begining to wonder if I need to change the amp or speakers as Ive already tried various combinations of cables and different locations for the speakers???

Any Thoughts would be welcome

Regards Steve...

hi

I'm Steve.

Thanks Adrian, the only issue is the very top end - otherwise im quite happy with the sound .
    I just feel the system should be giving more!!!!

I'm Grant.

could try a different speaker cable. supertweeter maybe too. If you have an aquaintance borrow their speakers and see if any difference. they are quite small so depends too on the room
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Thanks Grant
    I don't have anyone nearby i could borrow and try another pair of speakers from.
    So far i have tried 3 different sets of speaker cables with no success also half a dozen pairs of interconnects which will now have to be sold as no difference

Regards Steve

I'm Naassan.

Silver speaker cables can help a bit as they tend to better pass hug frequencies.
    Have a look on Chord Odyssey cables.

Sent from my Plus E using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast