+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermit's stereo

I'm Paul.

Please do tell. I'd value your input Paul.
    The Leben just as easily as Fury beat Wilder.... The Luxman just sounded 'over engineered' and had no particular strengths....

Also, for jazz it was not as harmonious or 'musical' as the Leben.... Truth be told my friend sold his one week after the listening session....

As Hornucopia said "trust your ears"...
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Micro Seiki MR-711/MA-202L
    Stax SRA-3S MM phono amplifier
    Nagra BPSv2 phonostage
    BigBottle BB3 Phonostage
    Telefunken Bv.42-01 Transformer
    Hashimoto HM-3 Transformer
    Braun CC4 Transformer
    Ortofon Spu Synergy
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Miyajima Waza
    Denon 103SA
    Audio Technica AT33 Mono
    IFI Pro Linestage
    PYE HF12 KT66 Monoblocks
    Uchida Sun Audio SV-300BE
    Quantum Electronics 202D
    Marantz 1060 Integrated
    Western Electric Line Transformer
    Yamaha CDR-HD1500
    Tannoy 15" Bespoke

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    Trust your OWN ears? It takes time, sometimes though. everyone is different.
    Better? Who can say?
    Different model? https://jeffsplace.positive-feedback...ted-amplifier/
    Good advice. Thank you. Ultimately, I do trust my own ears but it's good to find out if others share your view.

It is a different model. It's the big brother of the 300. One for the future maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    The Leben just as easily as Fury beat Wilder.... The Luxman just sounded 'over engineered' and had no particular strengths....

Also, for jazz it was not as harmonious or 'musical' as the Leben.... Truth be told my friend sold his one week after the listening session....

As Hornucopia said "trust your ears"...
    Thanks for expanding. It is greatly appreciated. What you say ties in with my first impressions and I take some comfort from that.

I'm Robert.

Default Modded XO's on Tannoys

So are your drivers 3828, 3838's or ?? I still have the pair of 3828's in the garage as a project so am looking at custom XO's. Yours look very expensive!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by robs View Post
    So are your drivers 3828, 3838's or ?? I still have the pair of 3828's in the garage as a project so am looking at custom XO's. Yours look very expensive!
    My drivers are 15" Monitor Golds. My crossovers are Paul at RFC's top of the line offering but he offers more economical options. I feel that even the most expensive option is very good value.

I'm Paul.

A Luxman LX-380 arrived today on demo for a couple of weeks. It’s bigger than I expected.

I'm Robert.

Very nice Paul, very nice !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

Luxman stuff is superbly made
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm stuart.

Just need lockdown to finish so I can come for a listen....
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm Martin.

I love the look of it, surprised it only has 20 watts given the enormous size.

I never heard a Luxman I didn't rate, valve or solid state.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

Default Listening room improvements

I’ve always hated the black tv dominating visually while I’m listening to music. So I was delighted when a friend told me that Samsung had brought out a TV that mimics a picture when it’s on standby.

Also got a new listening chair and I retrieved my old rug which I lent to a friend some years ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast