+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermit's stereo

I'm Paul.

Cheers Marco. That's very kind of you. Appreciate it.

I'm Paul.

Default Room changes

No system changes since I last posted but I was finally able to source a mid century Ladderax record cabinet locally. This has allowed me to fit all my records on the Ladderax unit and so I’ve managed to get rid of the Zomo record storage units that were either side of my speakers. They were the last modern pieces of furniture in the room. Not that I’m obsessive or anything.

So here are a few updated pictures of the room. My favourite piece is this sputnik rocket lamp on tripod legs which I think is stunning.

I’ve still got to get rid of the pink carpet and replace a couple of the double glazing panes which have blown and are a bit cloudy. Other than that the room and system are finished. It’s come together better than I could have hoped for and I really couldn’t be happier.

I'm Grant.

very good. we used to have a ladderex.. it was different th that although similar in size.. fits in well
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Gorgeous room Paul, peaceful and inviting. You have impeccable taste sir. System looks wonderful too
    Last edited by brian2957; 27-03-2021 at 09:06.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Loz.

Yes, very nicely done Paul. Looks classy.

I'm Paul.

Thanks chaps for all your kind comments.

I'm Stuart.

The room and Systems looking great Paul

I'm Paul.

Thanks Stuart. You're welcome to pop over for another session when the madness finally ends. I've stopped smoking so it ought to be a more pleasant experience next time. How are you enjoying your Lockwoods?

I'm Stuart.

Likewise Paul , will be good to get something sorted out when possible ,I think your Lockwoods are the only thing in the system that’s remained the same since my last visit
    That turntable looks simply stunning !!!
    It took me a bit of shuffling systems around to get my Lockwoods singing ...... my plan originally was to have them in the big lounge but there now in the smaller 5x4 “Hifi” room , surprisingly they seem to sound better in this room for some reason , they look a bit daft but , hey it’s the sound that counts
    RFC xovers are next on the plans for the Lockwoods then I’m going to start a new Horn project for the lounge ..... loads of space in there to go a bit crazy

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed56 View Post
    Likewise Paul , will be good to get something sorted out when possible ,I think your Lockwoods are the only thing in the system that’s remained the same since my last visit
    That turntable looks simply stunning !!!
    Yes indeed. It's a funny old game. One minute you think you've a settled system and the next thing you know it's all change. I've had the Sony for years but it needed some fettling and that took quite a while. It's been great having it back.

It took me a bit of shuffling systems around to get my Lockwoods singing ...... my plan originally was to have them in the big lounge but there now in the smaller 5x4 “Hifi” room , surprisingly they seem to sound better in this room for some reason , they look a bit daft but , hey it’s the sound that counts
    RFC xovers are next on the plans for the Lockwoods
    It's always a pleasant surprise when you see how well the big Lockwoods do in smallish rooms. As you know my room is far from massive. I think you'll be amazed at Paul's crossovers. He really knows what he's doing.

then I’m going to start a new Horn project for the lounge ..... loads of space in there to go a bit crazy
    You're a braver man than me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast