+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colin's System.

I'm Colin.

Default Colin's System.

F66C926E-0DC0-4882-9485-9E69826EC1B3.jpgWith some good fortune from the taxman and persuading the good lady that it would be useful to have some back up kit I have made a few additions. A sort of early Christmas present. So just installed a set of Magnepan LRS , always wanted to try some and really have enjoyed the last few days . Set up seems ok but haven’t really played around yet as someone has a big tree in my way.
    Also added a Micromega M150 which is really nice , will add my raspberry to it later today and have not used the MARs system to do room correction will await the felling of the tree first.
    First impressions very good the speakers have such a different presentation but loving it and don’t feel that the bass is that bad even had Marlyn Manson on it and a bit of Ozzy.

Christmas so far has been good and wife loves them.
    Colin

Last edited by struth; 28-12-2021 at 10:14.

I'm guy.

Cool looking room - need more photo's (please)
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Colin.

I will see what I can do. Been loving the Maggies just so different.

Colin

I'm Colin.

04026413-E72C-4C61-B949-B42755E3C00B.jpg3D607EBF-0849-4C84-B107-3222AC2F5D5A.jpg

I have attached a few more , one gives you idea of shape of room, taken from internal balcony . Sorry stove pipe covers some of photo. And close up of kit well some of it some son holiday in another room just now. Main living area has full height feigns so at centre of pitch about 5.5m floor area is about 9 x 6 and 4 steps down is the dining area which similar in size but lower ceilings over part of it.

Colin

I'm Geoff.

Nice looking cabinet Colin.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Nice looking living/listening room Colin.
    Barry

I'm Colin.

Thanks Barry , it will help when the trees gone . And I can get a replacement power cable from Rega as the existing one has failed . Like everything else just now it’s taking weeks,

Colin

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    04026413-E72C-4C61-B949-B42755E3C00B.jpg3D607EBF-0849-4C84-B107-3222AC2F5D5A.jpg

I have attached a few more , one gives you idea of shape of room, taken from internal balcony . Sorry stove pipe covers some of photo. And close up of kit well some of it some son holiday in another room just now. Main living area has full height feigns so at centre of pitch about 5.5m floor area is about 9 x 6 and 4 steps down is the dining area which similar in size but lower ceilings over part of it.

Colin
    Cheers, looks beautiful - I would guess the height of the room gives speakers a lot to do, or does it reduce effects of reflections and make things clearer/more precise?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Colin.

Well strangely it’s glass ,hardwood floors so I have always wanted to introduce some soft furnishings and acoustic panels etc but that’s a step to far for the good lady. However I think with 5 - 6 m high ceilings it almost acts like a well designed theatre. I don’t need high volumes I assume the space allows the speakers to breathe. The mane pans have been a bit of a revelation having never experienced anything other than box speakers. The sound is so fast and appears to be just there? My son thinks it’s strang3 being able to walk through it to the amp or cd and still hear the same sound. I need to use the.room correction system on the amp which will be tomorrow. I am going to get some funky cow hide for the floor in front .

I'm Colin.

Thought I would just add to this thread for some input. Still enjoying the speakers but have ordered new stands for them from the states, Ordered a set of Airborne magna risers. So my next step is I am considering a subwoofer. I want to try a “compact “ subwoofer to allow the speakers to function more freely, may not be correct term. So are there any Magnepan users who have added one or possibly two subwoofers. Recommendations on active or not. LRS speakers seem to commonly have two subwoofers added but not sure if that is common to all Magnepans.

My preference would be to add one with a view to adding another the same later. Bass from the panels I think is pretty good loses out on heavier material so hoping that this is a way forward.

Colin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast