+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermit's stereo

I'm Paul.

Default Update

It might seem like there haven't been any system changes since my last post but a few weeks ago a brand new Luxman LX-380 arrived to replace the long term loan amp from Luxman HQ. Also, my Monitor Golds have been reconed by Nick at Lockwood Audio. He did a great job and they're sounding fantastic.

On the room front, I finally replaced the pink carpet which was a great relief. Also the two 1960's leather armchairs have been replaced by a pair of 1950's recliners in a nice teal fabric that are more suited to the rest of my furniture which is also mainly from the 50's. I am just ever so slightly obsessive about these sort of things. I suspect that the room will always be a work in progress.

I'm jamie.

a lovely looking room mate!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Paul.

Thanks Jamie

I'm Josie.

Lovely... you can't beat them Lockwoods
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    you can't beat them Lockwoods
    I can't argue with that. I love the Lockwoods. They're definitely my end game speakers. Now that they've been re-coned I imagine they're good for another 50 years and will certainly see me out.

I'm Mike.

Such a beautiful mid-century furnished room and complimenting stereo system. Enjoy!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I completely agree. I've said it before: a great system and a beautiful, tastefully decorated room [defo my kind of thing] in which to enjoy it. Great to see a genuine audio enthusiast and music lover who also cares about the living space that houses his system!

For me, you can't enjoy your system to the full unless you're 100% comfortable in the environment it's in. In that respect, it's so nice to see someone who cares for the latter, and has a real passion for it, and so it's not ALL just about the hi-fi gear. Oh, and not a huge, ugly flat screen TV in sight!

Enjoy your lovely system and living space, Paul, and be proud of what you've achieved!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Capture View Post
    Such a beautiful mid-century furnished room and complimenting stereo system. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the positive feedback Mike. I'm glad that you like the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I completely agree. I've said it before: a great system and a beautiful, tastefully decorated room [defo my kind of thing] in which to enjoy it. Great to see a genuine audio enthusiast and music lover who also cares about the living space that houses his system!

For me, you can't enjoy your system to the full unless you're 100% comfortable in the environment it's in. In that respect, it's so nice to see someone who cares for the latter, and has a real passion for it, and so it's not ALL just about the hi-fi gear. Oh, and not a huge, ugly flat screen TV in sight!

Enjoy your lovely system and living space, Paul, and be proud of what you've achieved!

Marco.
    Thanks for all the kind words and encouraging comments Marco. It's much appreciated. I've said it before the covid nightmare but no harm in saying again that it would be great to meet you if you could spare the time when you next visit the dear green place.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No worries - I'll defo give you a shout next time I'm up!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

I bought a lovely SME 3012 a few weeks ago to use with my SP10 which had been lurking unused under the bed for the last year.

I thought the 3012 would fit fine on my plinth which had no armboard but had a cut-out for my SME V-12. Unfortunately it wouldn’t align due to the incorrect pivot to spindle distance for the 3012 and the limited back and forth movement thanks to the modified base on the 3012.

A big shout out to Lee Drage at Acoustand Audio who came to my rescue. I don’t particularly like the plinth and didn’t want to spend too much making it fit the 3012. Lee fitted a gorgeous armboard and resprayed the plinth as it was looking tatty. As you can see, he did a lovely job and for a very reasonable price. I couldn’t be happier with it.

Thanks also to Johnny at Audio Origami who rewired the arm for me after a clumsy moment.

It’s been an adventure but I finally got it up and running today. Very pleased. It’s sounding good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast