+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The most Impactful thing I think I’ve ever seen...first 2m 50s of this short movie..

I'm Gary.

Default The most Impactful thing I think I’ve ever seen...first 2m 50s of this short movie..

Neill Blomkamp, the guy who created the movie District 9, Elesium, Chappie and a lot more is now doing his stuff via his own film studio who (like ILM back in the day) is doing stuff differently...

Check out his Youtube channel, some other great short movies on there too.

After seeing the one below, think Apocalypse Now meets the pc game Doom, gave me nightmares...the beginning, maybe the most powerful 3 minutes of film I think I’ve ever seen. Never seen anything like it.

warning...not for kids, discretion advised.

Last edited by Gazjam; 12-10-2019 at 16:03.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread