I was so knocked out by this turntable/arm combination, so I thought I would write a few words about this adventure.

I have wanted the DP80 TT for some years but never found the perfect deck until recently. I also wanted to marry this TT with what I consider, as one of the finest arms currently available (The Dynavector DV507 MkII).....”No doubt some would disagree”

After much deliberation and recommendations, the Plinth Construction was carried out by ACOUSTAND (Lee Drage) to his own custom design and build materials and I can only say this Plinth is totally stunning, not just in looks but in suitability for this particular TT.

The plinth Constuction consists of layers of differing materials chosen both for density and damping factors. These consist of an Acrylic top plate, an under plate of Derlin and sub layers of MDF.

The icing on the cake is a fully adjustable arm board to accommodate any arm from 9” to 12”. Additionally, to fully decouple the plinth from its support platform, Magnetic Levitation feet have be installed.

I won’t harp on but my main deck but this was the Townshend Rock 7 / SME combination, which I always thought was a giant killer of a turntable but now I afraid, this TT will only ever take second place to the Denon.
Sonically, this is finest deck that I have ever heard and just can’t stop playing more and more records that sound just incredible.

Below is a few photo’s of the rig.........unfortunately they don’t do full justice to the superb build quality achieved by Lee of ACOUSTAND.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk