+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent problems using this site

I'm Chris.

Default Recent problems using this site

I have been using this site for ages posting pictures etc without problem.

Now after a change of computer etc its all gone to pot

1. I have a little circle with an 'i' in it just before you Web site address. If i click on it, it says 'your connection to this site is not secure'

2. I cant attach pictures as I have done for years, the 'add files' button does nothing

3. I can reply to posts, but I cant use the 'quote' button. All I get is a little circle going round and round.

Can you help?

I'm Nick.

Which browser and browser version are you using? Looks like your security settings are too high and it's preventing you using certain features.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Chris.

Its windows 10, but where do I find the browser version?

I'm Grant.

Default Recent problems using this site

Browser i.e. Firefox or windows own one. Sounds like windows own looking for https or ssl certificates which site doesn't do. Try downloading another browser. Opera google chrome Etc. I use Firefox without issue
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Yes it must be windows. I will try downloading Google.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Browser i.e. Firefox or windows own one. Sounds like windows own looking for https or ssl certificates which site doesn't do. Try downloading another browser. Opera google chrome Etc. I use Firefox without issue

I frequently now get messages from Internet Explorer stating there are 'site security certificate errors'. Sometimes connection cannot be made, for other sites one can simply overide the caveat.

I'm wondering if IE have tightened their security.
    Barry

I'm Chris.

I'm now working on Google chrome as default browser. All other browsers have been removed from list of browsers, but the fault is still there. I will reboot

I'm Chris.

Still the same

I'm Grant.

a restart might cure it. or an anti virus program on pc or the settings on the firewall either on pc or on the router? maybe a age related lock?
    just thinking out loud

could temp disable firewall and defender etc.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

check settings in windows defender security centre app and browser control. there are some settings there that might block things
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast