+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MONARCHY AUDIO M22B or M22C Dac

I'm Dee.

Default MONARCHY AUDIO M22B or M22C Dac

I’ve been on the lookout for a Monarchy Audio M22B dac for some time to no avail.,but I’ve just been offered an M22C as an alternative.Even though the M22C is the later model and has a fully fledged line amp
    and volume control can somebody who has experience of both let me know what they thought of each
    model...lastly what should I expect to pay for an M22C in good condition.
    Thanks Dee

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    I’ve been on the lookout for a Monarchy Audio M22B dac for some time to no avail.,but I’ve just been offered an M22C as an alternative.Even though the M22C is the later model and has a fully fledged line amp
    and volume control can somebody who has experience of both let me know what they thought of each
    model...lastly what should I expect to pay for an M22C in good condition.
    Thanks Dee
    The Monarchy Audio DACs are hard to find in Europe/UK. At a guess, I'd expect to pay around £450 to £500 for either. I have both M22B and M22C, they are excellent! The DIP is a good addition.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dee.

Hi Geoff ..do you have a preference and if so why.Your absolutely right about the scarcity in Europe .. the one I’m chasing is coming from the US... It will be converted to 240v before being sent.... I already have a Dip Classic in my current setup
    Thanks Dee

I'm Grant.

had one myself with dip.. not sure which tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hi Geoff ..do you have a preference and if so why.
    I like them both. Can't say I have a preference really, they sound pretty similar. I had several Theta DACs previously, the last one being a DS Pro Progeny which I thought was wonderful at the time, but the Monarchy's walked all over it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    had one myself with dip.. not sure which tho.
    M22B I think.

I'm Dee.

Hi Geoff,It’s funny you should err however cautiously in favour of the M22B ....both people whom I’ve spoken to about the two models have said that I could happily live with either one ,but if they did have to choose it would be the M22B.Its looking like its all systems go for the deal

I'm Geoff.

Hi Geoff,It’s funny you should err however cautiously in favour of the M22B ....both people whom I’ve spoken to about the two models have said that I could happily live with either one ,but if they did have to choose it would be the M22B.Its looking like its all systems go for the deal
    I think you misunderstood. I was saying the one Grant had was an M22B, I have no particular preference myself, both are great.

I'm Dee.

Lol...sorry..yes I misunderstood

I'm Dee.

I have pulled out of my proposed purchase of the M22C dac because of uncertainties that I’m actually dealing with the
    real CC Poon.My internet security system is flagging up the Monarchy Audio website as unsafe and I think it may be a cloned site.Secondly all emails are intercepted and diverted to a purported spam filter site first and then forwarded to
    “CC Poon”.
    Has anybody had any dealings with CC Poon or Monarchy Audio in recent months and would a Paypal payment secure
    any dodgy dealings.
    Dee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast