+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 483 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Justin.

No milk so espresso time, which I only very rarely do.

This is the Honduran above. My policy for espresso is NEVER make it with average beans. It will be shite. Only good plus to excellent coffee can make espresso that is enjoyable.

This was very nice, but there is never enough of it, lest you go shot after shot of the stuff, in which case you may get somewhat high.

You know if your grind is good to some extent if your crema looks clean on the side of the cup i.e. no black bits.

Shot shows comparison in size to the usual latte cup

Plus two coffee books I was given as a present but haven't read yet. I think they are the same book, one more recent than the other. Bit odd, but hey.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Classic Christmas cocktail, mate, called a 'Lapland Lush'

Must give Wogan a go at some point, as their stuff does look good. However, I've discovered some rather nice beans sold in our local Polish supermarket, and for not a lot of dosh, which are giving me superb results!

Marco.
    Well if I come round and you offer me coffee I'm doing a Nancy Reagan on you

I'm Ben.

Thanks for the comments Marco,

Still taking it all in but have tried grinding the beans using a old kenwood burr coffee bean attachment before spending more money in another grinder.

Still experimenting but things are improving gradually

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Just drinking the newly ground beans from the old burr grinder and there's a deff improvement in flavour, much less bitterness which is great

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Justin.

Wowser I remember that Kenwood bean grinder we had one as a family many decades ago, long before I was really into coffee. We used it for cafetierres.

Enjoy.

I'm Justin.

I have just been watching a video about why Italians don't drink coffee after 11am.

The theory is they are lactose intolerant, and more so in the South. Why? Because milk doesn't keep well in hotter climates, so over the generations they haven't evolved to be good at coping with it.

Interesting.

https://youtu.be/7mIcIVCnTrY

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Haven't watched the video, but it's not a case that they don't drink coffee after 11am, but specifically milky coffee, namely cappuccino. After that, it's pretty much espresso all the way, which you'll see if you go to any Italian cafe, and of course which contains no milk

Btw, that was a textbook espresso earlier, with great crema! Liked you're books, too. Nice one

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Yeah they do say no cappuccino after 11. It's not just Italians. 65% of the world is lactose intolerant.

The books were a nice gesture but unfortunately I haven't learnt much from them. Oh well. Been in and around Bristol's surrounding areas too long!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The lactose intolerant thing is a new one on me, but interesting (and I'm sure relevant). Doesn't apply to anyone I know though, apart from Del, and she isn't Italian

After 11am though, you'll still see plenty of folks having a macchiato, cortado or even affogato [which is gorgeous], but never a cappuccino or latte, unless they're tourists!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Interesting. I am trying to remember my time in Rome, but it is dominated on first thoughts by Italian policemen trying to impress the chicks LOL

Beyond the beauty of the place in parts, that is

+ Reply to Thread