Page 326 of 483 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Grant.

Late coffee
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Espresso love came on
    .. What can I say...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Forming a creamy love union?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

And again.

Nice and glossy
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Default The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

New Bialetti Moka pot has arrived. Love these, in between drip coffee and espresso in flavour. Made in Italy since the 1930s... Under £30 on Amazon for this “9 cup” model, which is 2x British mugs.

Am brewing using Lavazza Red today.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Good stuff, Neil. I use a slightly smaller version of the same machine - used right it can produce great results

If you'd like a few tips on how to get the most from it, let me know, as I've picked up a few little things along the way... Are you just using it with pre-ground coffee or grinding your own beans? The latter is where it's really at!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Default The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good stuff, Neil. I use a slightly smaller version of the same machine - used right it can produce great results

If you'd like a few tips on how to get the most from it, let me know, as I've picked up a few little things along the way... Are you just using it with pre-ground coffee or grinding your own beans? The latter is where it's really at!

Marco.
    I hand grind using a ceramic burr Hario grinder. It’s excellent (when modified with a fixing to resolve the floating burr issue) and a workout for free... what sort of grind size would you suggest?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Thumbs up Optimising the coffee produced using a Moka pot

I pretty much settled on two clicks anticlockwise from the 'zero' position, but of course it depends on bean size, and also to grind nice and slowly, using even strokes, so as not to 'burn' the beans and create a bitter flavour.

The most important things I've found to do, in terms of getting the best results from the Bialetti, are as follows:

1) Always pre-boil the water for filling the 'tank', rather than using cold water from scratch, in order to prevent, as much as possible, the resulting coffee produced from being 'boiled' for too long under heat. You want the pot sitting on top a hot stove for the minimum amount of time necessary.

2) Get as much (boiling) water into the tank as possible without it bleeding through into the coffee grinds. You want the level to sit *right underneath* the recommended 'nipple point' inside the tank/reservoir.

3) Get as much coffee into the filler as possible, if you want to create a nice 'thick', dark and rich tasting espresso-like coffee, which is what you should be aiming for. Neapolitan Moka pots are designed for producing STRONG coffee. If you don't like strong coffee, or prefer something 'subtler', then use a filter machine or cafetiere coffee pot, with a 'French Press' bean grind.

I've measured the quantity of coffee out in grams, in order to produce the results I like consistently, and do that every time I make some. You get better results with a *slight* amount of tamping/pressing down onto the grains with the blade of a flat knife or spatula, and smoothing off any excess, before popping the filler into the water tank (already filled with boiling water).

Then screw the top of the pot down onto the bottom water tank, *AS TIGHTLY AS POSSIBLE* and begin the heating process on your stove. You want to maximise the amount of pressure that the resulting coffee is produced under.

4) Better to bring the coffee to the boil slowly/gradually, than quickly, therefore always select no higher than a medium heat-setting on your stove. My control goes up to 10, in numerical steps, so I select 5. If you've got the mix right (coffee-to-water ratio, plus grind level), when the coffee begins to slowly 'spurt' into the chamber, it should create a slight froth/crema. If that doesn't happen, you haven't used enough coffee and/or the grind level is too coarse, and the coffee will taste weak.

5) While heating, keep the lid closed on the pot *only* until the point is reached where the first signs of coffee come through into the reservoir/chamber. Once done, lift the lid up for the remainder of the process. This markedly improves flavour, as you don't want liquid steam dripping into the chamber and diluting the coffee, which is what happens if the lid is left closed throughout the heating process.

6) Keep pot on the stove, and onto the heat, *only* until the coffee starts to 'spurt' vigorously into the chamber/reservoir and has filled it up. As *soon* as that happens, lift the pot off of the stove immediately and turn off the heat, then run the base of the pot/water tank under a cold tap, in order to halt the heating process. If you don't do that, the coffee will become overheated and taste bitter.

7) Finally, stir the coffee liquid inside the chamber/reservoir, before pouring into a cup or mug, in order to combine the mixture throughly. This also improves flavour.

Hope that helps and enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

Enjoying my Mokka pot again, and some top tips there Marco.
    Hadn’t thought of #5, try that for my morning brew tommorow.

Ta!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Neil.

Cheers Marco, I’ll give “the method” a go and let you know!

+ Reply to Thread