+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 483 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Justin.

Lays are quite a bit better than Walkers and far more available around the world.

Hand cooked crisps often suffer from far too much oil being impregnated in the crisp. It gets quite sickly I think.

For some reason most Walkers crisps give me a stomach ache. I don't get that from other brands.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Lays are quite a bit better than Walkers and far more available around the world.

Hand cooked crisps often suffer from far too much oil being impregnated in the crisp. It gets quite sickly I think.

For some reason most Walkers crisps give me a stomach ache. I don't get that from other brands.
    Yes, that can happen, but generally not with the better varieties. The secret, I guess, is not to eat too many of them at once

One thing I can't stand is the 'puffy' varieties of 'crisps' [which in reality have been nowhere near a potato], such as Wotsits, etc - just horribly artificial!

Call me old-fashioned, but I like wine to taste of grapes, cider to taste of apples, coffee to taste of coffee beans, and crisps to taste of POTATO....

Marco.

I'm Justin.

If you want a good snack, when M&S are doing it, their Bombay Mix is seriously friggin' good.

They have messed around with the formula over the years but it has always been really impressive I think.

One of the best, if you can get yourself through the door, Marco!

Lol... Some stuff from M&S is ok, and yes I've had the Bombay Mix before and agree it's good, as indeed are many of their other snacks. It's more the 'upmarket' image that they try to portray with their food, which I'm against and indeed find somewhat laughable, as indeed are some of their customers who sign up to that image!

Ditto with Waitrose, Harrods, and all such other bollox, with folk walking around with their carrier bags, thinking that they're a 'cut above'.... Sad bastards.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Wouldn't say it upmarket as such but the quality is better across the range. Obviously not everything but it's fairly wide-ranging.
    Prices are not all that different in general.
    Certainly what I get there is very good, and their low cal stuff is by far the best around
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Wouldn't say it upmarket as such...
    Indeed, and neither would I, but try telling M&S that!

As I said, that's the IMAGE that they're trying to portray... You don't have TV mate, so won't have seen their adverts, especially recently during the breaks in between some primetime commercial TV programmes!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Yeah no telly is great. I don't miss any of it. More folk should kick the habit lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Some stuff from M&S is ok, and yes I've had the Bombay Mix before and agree it's good, as indeed are many of their other snacks. It's more the 'upmarket' image that they try to portray with their food, which I'm against and indeed find somewhat laughable, as indeed are some of their customers who sign up to that image!

Ditto with Waitrose, Harrods, and all such other bollox, with folk walking around with their carrier bags, thinking that they're a 'cut above'.... Sad bastards.

Marco.
    The application of simple logic sees through most bullshit.

Annoyingly for many, bullshit makes the world go round.

Which means the clever guys just get frustrated by their apparent idiocy.

It's a wonderful world...
    Last edited by User211; 23-09-2019 at 20:03.

Ain't that the truth, bro!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Ads go back to ancient times, although in modern terms, the 19th and 20th c.
    I guess most folk will be affected by it to some extent.

The best ad form is word of mouth tho and always will be... It's also the cheapest
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread