Page 228 of 483 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Grant.

Nice pastries etc, if u have sweet tooth. Big place
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nice pastries etc, if u have sweet tooth...
    Yup... Thing is though, in many other parts of the world [certainly in the likes of Germany, Italy, France and Spain, as I can speak from personal experience], people enjoy having a small pastry with breakfast, or even more so in the afternoon, around 3pm, with a nice cup of coffee.

It's very common practice, and an entirely separate occasion from lunch, not necessarily because they have a sweet tooth, but simply because it's part of their culture and tradition, and most importantly, a nice way to relax and de-stress.

For me, it shows that even in the hustle and bustle of today's world, they still have time [that precious commodity once again] to enjoy themselves and appreciate the finer things in life, which isn't so often the case here, where folks trapped in a rat race are often running around like headless chickens...

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Espresso moccachino. The bottom deck is a chocolate fondant affair. The top did taste of coffee with a slightly sweet taint due to the bottom layer.

Lovely.

Random snaps...
    Simply awesome... *But* I'd want to go there (and other places like it) off of the peak season, when hopefully it would be much less crowded!

Marco.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Simply awesome... *But* I'd want to go there (and other places like it) off of the peak season, when hopefully it would be much less crowded!

Marco.
    It is winter here. And 29 deg C. Try the summer at 42 Deg C. No one will want coffee. The trouble would be I suspect you wouldn't either.

TBH it wasn't that busy and the atmosphere was really good. Much better than the first attempt. Only three in the queue.

I can only dream about how bad the pollution would be at 42 Deg V with no rain for weeks. It is dreadful now. Up here in Joa the air is clean.

Not busy?? That's not what your pictures portray to me dude, especially the fifth one down!

I guess it's all relative, and based on what you're used to. I'm simply not used to crowded big cities [Bristol is rather different from Wrexham, in that respect], and enjoy a slower, more relaxed pace of life, at home or on holiday

Plus I also generally prefer smaller places, where you can hear yourself think. As lovely as it is, I can imagine the din in there, just from folks yakking, must've been considerable.... And I simply don't 'do' queues. Tickets to get into a cafe? Ferk off....

But yes, your points are valid, so essentially I'd only go there when it was (reasonably) quiet and the weather was conducive to drinking coffee. So based on that, I might never get to go....!

Marco.

I'm Justin.

You might get shot if you look suspicious, dude.

The guards protecting the secure gated community we are staying in just passed with full on machine guns

Stay safe. Stay home

I'm Grant.

any place that needs armed guards isnt my kinda place... i'll stay here in blighty
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

To be fair Rio feels entirely safe. Not in the favelas but elsewhere is absolutely fine. Been talking a lot to the chef and hotel staff about it.

Forget the Sky and BBC sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    You might get shot if you look suspicious, dude.
    Suspicious? Lol... What do you think I'd be doing, going around with a smartphone and a pervy grin, taking sneaky 'upskirt' shots of ladies foo-foos?

Marco.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Suspicious? Lol... What do you think I'd be doing, going around with a smartphone and a pervy grin, taking sneaky 'upskirt' shots of ladies foo-foos?

Marco.
    Yup. On Ipanema beach, which we've just been to.

Forget Copacabana, Ipanema is much nicer. Surrounding area much nicer, far less pollution too.

+ Reply to Thread