+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 483 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    True.

I stopped using it last night. I get a 'chemical' taste from it I don't like. It's quite subtle but I can't get past the fact it tastes like something is wrong.
    Nowt like that coming from these....so far anyway.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nowt like that coming from these....so far anyway.
    I will give it to someone else can't face binning it. They probably won't even notice it.

I feel a new Extract order coming on....

I'm Sean.

I've never noticed any chemical taint but I drink it with milk.

I'm Grant.

Fresh supply of Italian and trying a new one to rave.. Kenya icharmara ab..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Fresh in every way... Oh you are awful
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Hugo.

*Mods - please move this if it should go elsewhere*

I really have to clear out some of my coffee gear, so the following items are for sale:

1. Gaggia Classic. New original spec Ulka pump just fitted (the old one had seized in storage). Rancilio Silvia steam wand. Otherwise well-loved and in good condition. No original box. Asking £95 including UK delivery.

2. Gaggia MDF Grinder. SOLD

3. Nuova Simonelli Oscar I. This is a chunkier thing that it may appear, so see the 5 litre water bottle for size comparison and the kettle behind it. The Oscar looks plain and boring but is in fact a shrunken version of a professional boiler/heat exchanger espresso machine, so it has a large 1.5 litre boiler the brew head is heated by conduction from the boiler, not by direct electric heating. This one has had a couple of worthwhile mods from Elektros in Italy: the main boiler pressurestat has been replaced with a much more reliable Sirai unit ( https://www.elektros.it/ru/en/Oscar_...ai-p302-6.html ); and it has an over-pressure valve (OPV) conversion which I have set for 9 Bar at the brewhead, but the OPV is adjustable (https://www.elektros.it/ru/en/Oscar_...edisposta.html ). This Oscar I has been replaced here by an Oscar II which is smarter looking and has a better steam wand, but actually this one is by far my best machine, giving really consistent results with every shot. The 1.5 litre boiler means loads of steam available for fine milk texturing.

I'm asking £225 for the Oscar I, including UK shipping.

Last edited by Ammonite Audio; 28-02-2019 at 17:19.

I'm Adam.

Hugo you have email..
    best
    adam
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    I've never noticed any chemical taint but I drink it with milk.
    Bad batch maybe. It is a cheaper coffee, though. I'm probably far too fussy.

I'm Justin.

This cost 25p at Waitrose.

Crazy fresh, super good sourdough going silly cheap.

Only it isn't really sourdough. You know that when you've cultivated your own from scratch.

Still, I am seriously impressed. Somebody knows what they are doing here.

Quail's eggs, black pepper and all.

On a coffee thread.

I'm Grant.

Looks decent bread.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread