+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 483 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I hate to break it to you but coffee not only comes after water and tea, but beer, too!
    I was talking globally, pretty much every statistic (including National Geographic) puts it as water, tea, coffee, beer and so on. I guess it depends on who's collecting the statistics or what website you visit. But that wasn't the point I was making, it was the fact it's so integral in so many cultures around the world

And it's time for my first of the day . . .
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Adam.

Default The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post

And it's time for my first of the day . . .
    What? Beer?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Not much into beer to be honest Adam unless it's Guinness . . . I guess you could have that as a breakfast beverage, I mean Guinness is good for you, or so my Dad always used to tell my Mum

I'm Grant.

Coffee and alcohol are both good for you in moderation. Strangely they are not good for you if taken together. Buckfast for instance isn't good for you. So the Scottish govt put price of alcohol up for pretty much everything BUT Buckfast. Govt's eh. Dicks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Out of curiosity I picked these up in Aldi yesterday (didn't know they sold whole beans?). At £1.89 it wouldn't matter too much if they weren't good, always handy to have spare beans for dialling in grind sizes. They're certainly not awful, no idea what or where they originate from however and I suspect they are not 100% arabica, probably some robusta in there. Reasonably fresh too as there was some blooming. A small dark roasted bean with a bit of surface oil and a bold (if slightly rough) flavour, certainly tasted like coffee!

I wouldn't buy them again though as I like to know where my coffee comes from and I rarely buy supermarket beans now, but I'd drink it if someone offered it to me. Probably be perfect for an office coffee machine, especially if milk and sugar were added.

This is how I enjoy my coffee Grant, slightly different to your brews - but that's the great thing about coffee, so many ways to enjoy it

I'm Grant.

Default The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

Back home so first of day. Like an aero bar lol

All gone. Tasted like aero too. Strange that

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Out of curiosity I picked these up in Aldi yesterday (didn't know they sold whole beans?). At £1.89 it wouldn't matter too much if they weren't good, always handy to have spare beans for dialling in grind sizes. They're certainly not awful, no idea what or where they originate from however and I suspect they are not 100% arabica, probably some robusta in there. Reasonably fresh too as there was some blooming. A small dark roasted bean with a bit of surface oil and a bold (if slightly rough) flavour, certainly tasted like coffee!

I wouldn't buy them again though as I like to know where my coffee comes from and I rarely buy supermarket beans now, but I'd drink it if someone offered it to me. Probably be perfect for an office coffee machine, especially if milk and sugar were added.

This is how I enjoy my coffee Grant, slightly different to your brews - but that's the great thing about coffee, so many ways to enjoy it

whatever you like is right for you.. same with music..ive tried Alcafe beans before. they are fine; not great but fine for most tasks.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

HISTORY OF THE CAFFE LATTE
    As early as 1847 the English term Caffe Latto was used and then the essay Italian Journeys by William Dean Howells in 1867 who used the term caffe latte.
    Respected coffee author and reviewer Kenneth Davids has written that the Caffe Latte is basically an American invention and even in Italy it was first found in Italy only in places with predominantly American tourists.
    Some say the Caffe Latte was developed for Americans because the traditional Cappuccino was too strong so more steamed milk was added.

A CAFFE LATTE IN THE ITALIAN TRADITION
    The traditional Italian Caffe Latte is usually made in the person’s residence using a stovetop Moka Pot (Stovetop espresso maker). Unlike the American version, the milk is not steamed and frothed, but only heated. The hot milk is placed in a cup and the then the concentrated coffee from the Moka pot is poured into the milk.

So the drink internationally known as a Latte is an American creation which became popular in Seattle in the 80s (do some research and you will find I am correct), you were right about the Italian way of making the coffee at home. It is the same as a white coffee, cafe au lait and cafe con lèche. It is not the cafe latte that you can order in a coffee shop. You know, the one delivered with Latte Art.

It “pisses me off” that you think that you are always right. You are not.
    If that gets me banned from here for being factually correct, then so be it. I don’t care either way.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Adam.

Not much into beer to be honest Adam unless it's Guinness . . . I guess you could have that as a breakfast beverage, I mean Guinness is good for you, or so my Dad always used to tell my Mum
    Yes, I like Guinness but only drink it in Ireland - I have never found it to be the same anywhere else. In Ireland it is much smoother and clings to the glass to give a series of rings as you drink it - a bit like a good coffee crema! Fortunately, Mrs. B is Irish, so we do visit at least a couple of times a year for me to get my ‘fix’.

Had another of the above cappuccinos today but Marco’s words must have resonated as I had a proper Chinese lunch in Chinatown!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    HISTORY OF THE CAFFE LATTE
    As early as 1847 the English term Caffe Latto was used and then the essay Italian Journeys by William Dean Howells in 1867 who used the term caffe latte.
    Respected coffee author and reviewer Kenneth Davids has written that the Caffe Latte is basically an American invention and even in Italy it was first found in Italy only in places with predominantly American tourists.
    Some say the Caffe Latte was developed for Americans because the traditional Cappuccino was too strong so more steamed milk was added.

A CAFFE LATTE IN THE ITALIAN TRADITION
    The traditional Italian Caffe Latte is usually made in the person’s residence using a stovetop Moka Pot (Stovetop espresso maker). Unlike the American version, the milk is not steamed and frothed, but only heated. The hot milk is placed in a cup and the then the concentrated coffee from the Moka pot is poured into the milk.

So the drink internationally known as a Latte is an American creation which became popular in Seattle in the 80s (do some research and you will find I am correct), you were right about the Italian way of making the coffee at home. It is the same as a white coffee, cafe au lait and cafe con lèche. It is not the cafe latte that you can order in a coffee shop. You know, the one delivered with Latte Art.

It “pisses me off” that you think that you are always right. You are not.
    If that gets me banned from here for being factually correct, then so be it. I don’t care either way.
    I notice you missed out the first paragraph.

Coffee and milk have been part of European cuisine since the 17th century. Caffè latte, Milchkaffee, café au lait and café con leche are domestic terms of traditional ways of drinking coffee, usually as part of breakfast in the home. Public cafés in Europe and the US it seems have no mention of the terms until the 20th century, although Kapuziner is mentioned in Austrian coffee houses in Vienna and Trieste in the 2nd half of 1700s as "coffee with cream, spices and sugar" (being the origin of the Italian cappuccino)

Not sure what you think he said but imo he is right in what ive read. technically a moka based"espresso" isnt espresso. before moka pots italians were still drinking caffelatte
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread