Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Justin.

Current rig Jim.

I'm Grant.

how u getting on with the new grinder?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

It is fine. It is very consistent and much more finely tunable than the Ascaso without guessing where you need to set the grind fineness when changing coffee. So getting it right is much quicker.

The bottomless takes more coffee. So I need to set the single grind time to match the bottomless, and the double to the ordinary pf.

I virtually never use the single shot pf I have.

Jim on a phone but this link might work for more pics of the machine when new.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApUl1xxOUo0laBscBmxcPKFzA1k

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Current rig Jim.

Very nice Justin, Grinder looks the biz too. You need to set the grind so that when you make an expresso it takes 20 seconds to run through to produce 30ml coffee then you know the grind is the correct size.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Svend.

Current rig Jim.

That Giotto looks familiar . We have one too. Wonderful machine. Ours looks a lot older than yours, pushing 14 years now but still going strong. Needs the odd repair but bombproof machine. Your grinder is a heck of lot more high tech than ours...nice! Ours is a basic Macap, on-off switch and that's it.

My brother had that same Ascaso as yours, but could never get good results from it. He eventually traded up to a Macap.

Nice setup you have! Enjoy.

I'm Kevin.

The grinder looks similar to my Mazzer Mini Electronic A, but in a chromed finish.

Your coffee corner looks great.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    That Giotto looks familiar . We have one too. Wonderful machine. Ours looks a lot older than yours, pushing 14 years now but still going strong. Needs the odd repair but bombproof machine. Your grinder is a heck of lot more high tech than ours...nice! Ours is a basic Macap, on-off switch and that's it.

My brother had that same Ascaso as yours, but could never get good results from it. He eventually traded up to a Macap.

Nice setup you have! Enjoy.
    I still rate the Ascaso. Built like a bomb for the money and does the job. The only issue is the adjustment isn't marked, so it is a guess job. But once dialled in for a particular coffee it is fine. It is no Rocket Fausto but for the money you wouldn't expect it.

Giotto is fine. The more recent ones are a little prettier I think. Sexier feet. Nicer knobs.

Nice cheaper setup would be a Rocket Appartamento and an Ascaso I think. Dumping more cash doesn't get you a lot more in terms of raw performance.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The grinder looks similar to my Mazzer Mini Electronic A, but in a chromed finish.

Your coffee corner looks great.
    Thanks. It gives me great pleasure

I'm Svend.

I still rate the Ascaso. Built like a bomb for the money and does the job. The only issue is the adjustment isn't marked, so it is a guess job. But once dialled in for a particular coffee it is fine. It is no Rocket Fausto but for the money you wouldn't expect it.

Giotto is fine. The more recent ones are a little prettier I think. Sexier feet. Nicer knobs.

Nice cheaper setup would be a Rocket Apartmento and an Ascaso I think. Dumping more cash doesn't get you a lot more in terms of raw performance.
    Agreed! The only thing the new Giotto has (other than looks) over the older ones is they got rid of those terrible little pressure stats that fail so maddeningly often. At least once a year I have to open up our machine and put a new one in, then fiddle about with getting boiler pressure dialed in again. The new ones have a far more reliable pressure regulator, and some even have a PID. Nice!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Agreed! The only thing the new Giotto has (other than looks) over the older ones is they got rid of those terrible little pressure stats that fail so maddeningly often. At least once a year I have to open up our machine and put a new one in, then fiddle about with getting boiler pressure dialed in again. The new ones have a far more reliable pressure regulator, and some even have a PID. Nice!
    Yeah mine was the first Giotto model with PID. Pressure gauge fine so far had mine for a couple of years+ I guess.

+ Reply to Thread