Page 158 of 483 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Grant.

Lovely drop
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

Seeing as I mentioned my La Pavoni earlier here are some pics.

1st an expresso from just my 2nd attempt with this new-to-me machine. It's vintage May 1997 btw. La Pavs require quite a lot of manual work and research to make a consistently good coffee.

2nd the kit required included thermocouple temp gauge, scales, tamper, distribution tool etc

3rd an early flat white, art may come later!

4th La Pavoni

IMG_20190119_115748 by Clive M, on Flickr

IMG_20190203_113444 by Clive M, on Flickr

IMG_20190127_115851 by Clive M, on Flickr

IMG_20190118_175018 by Clive M, on Flickr
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Grant.

looks like a lido grinder there
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    looks like a lido grinder there
    Yep, Lido E T. They say the grinder is more important than the coffee machine. I'd love a Niche Zero for an easier life (simpler adjustment, low/zero retention, of course...electric) but I don't like the £500 price tag but I know I will succumb.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Yep, Lido E T. They say the grinder is more important than the coffee machine. I'd love a Niche Zero for an easier life (simpler adjustment, low/zero retention, of course...electric) but I don't like the £500 price tag but I know I will succumb.
    ive got a lido 3. great grinder but with my neck issue it was becoming difficult to turn. ive got a sage smart grinder now. works very well and consistent.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm bob.

@Clive what are the RAVE beans you have there?

I highly recommend Rave. Everything we have had from them has been great. Favourites so far are their Colombia Suarez Project, and even better the Kenya Tinganga Estate.

20% off first order, and I think I might get a referral boost if anyone buys through the link.

http://ravecoffee.myshopify.com/disc...VECOFFEE221644.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    @Clive what are the RAVE beans you have there?

I highly recommend Rave. Everything we have had from them has been great. Favourites so far are their Colombia Suarez Project, and even better the Kenya Tinganga Estate.

20% off first order, and I think I might get a referral boost if anyone buys through the link.

http://ravecoffee.myshopify.com/disc...VECOFFEE221644.

Those beans were Fudge, fab with milk. I love Italian Job, Chatswood, great for expresso and with milk. Signature I find a little less inspiring but very drinkable but my wife likes it. I also have some Columbia Suarez and El Salvador Los Nogales Soaked but in truth I prefer dark to medium roasts.

I'm very pleased with Rave though the postage is a little pricey, in part due to the envelope I suppose.

BTW I need to work on my microfoam....I think I know where I was going wrong. Also the 3 hole tip on the La Pav may not be ideal, some replace with a single hole one.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I'm very pleased with Rave though the postage is a little pricey, in part due to the envelope I suppose.
    Buy 2KG and stick one in the freezer, that's what we do!
    (Free postage over £25...)

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Buy 2KG and stick one in the freezer, that's what we do!
    (Free postage over £25...)

That's sort of how I ended up with 5 x 250g packs last time so I could try a few out. Maybe their subscription is a way to go but I need to check our consumption rate.

I'm Grant.

Some caffeine
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread