+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 483 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I agree, although the Spanish, Portuguese, Turks and Austrians aren't too shabby at it either! However, for me, the whole experience you get, along with the quality of coffee (and food/pastries) served in traditional Italian caffès, such as shown below in the Sciascia Caffè in Rome, is where it's *at*. Quite simply, they do it with a level of love, style and panache that is second to none:

http://sciasciacaffe1919.it/

Make sure you play the video!

I also agree about Crema e Aroma. It's excellent, although I'm currently experimenting with others. If I'm to become more experienced with coffee (and consider myself as any kind of connoisseur), I need to familiarise myself with various different beans, to get a proper handle on all the different flavours, which I will be doing in due course.

At the moment however, I just want to discover my 'go to' favourites, so I can always return to something I really enjoy!

Marco.
    Thanks for posting that Marco, i will get our company to order some of their coffee asap!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Default The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

Big cup

Pretty in pink. Goes with my slip
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Here is a double espresso ready for some milk....

And with added milk and foam in an attempt of latte art in the style of "le coq de France"

The coffee is roasted by a local company, run solely by women. It's a mix of Brazilian arabica and I have to say it is quite nice.
    I am really tempted to use the local company and try a few of their other offerings.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Here is a double espresso ready for some milk....

And with added milk and foam in an attempt of latte art in the style of "le coq de France"

The coffee is roasted by a local company, run solely by women. It's a mix of Brazilian arabica and I have to say it is quite nice.
    I am really tempted to use the local company and try a few of their other offerings.
    Nice crema!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Grant.

Alas I don't know what la coq is. Good attempt tho. Pouring is difficult
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Have you tried this coffee Grant, it really is excellent with the most amazing thick luxurious crema. We have tried so many coffees in the office from all over the world but this has been the best. Very rich but subtle and super smooth, no bitterness whatsoever.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lavazza-Cre.../dp/B003CLYW44

I'm Kevin.

It’s a cockerel.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Have you tried this coffee Grant, it really is excellent with the most amazing thick luxurious crema. We have tried so many coffees in the office from all over the world but this has been the best. Very rich but subtle and super smooth, no bitterness whatsoever.

Oddly I was looking at that one yesterday Not pulled trigger as Ive lots of stock at moment
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

I may try that one.
    Out of interest, do you use a flat or conical burr grinder?
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    It’s a cockerel.
    Just found it

Pretty ambitious At least it's flowing lines
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread