+ Reply to Thread
Page 458 of 483 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tried that a good few years ago... its ok for french pressed i suppose, but i had tried better. was cheap tho so guess you get what you pay for.
    Yes our right Grant, cheap so cant expect too much. Had a Waitrose French blend last weekend and that was superb but probably twice the price.

My all time favourite is still the Lavazza creme e aroma coffee. great value for money and when made using fresh beans wonderful smooth full flavour without any bitterness.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Justin.

The above is https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...wholebean-700g.

I buy it when I have forgotten to order from Wogan. It's pretty good. Not as good value as Wogan coffees at the normal Sainsbury's Union rate by a very significant factor, I reckon. And even at the discounted rate. £13 for 700g is a rip, really.

Basically, I find all diversions from Wogan always lead back to more Wogan

I'm Grant.

Just ordered some coffee actually... wasnt running out, but ...
    I like to have a good stock in case the balloon goes up lol
    From wogan
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Wow.

They have recently put their prices up a lot.

My last order on the 12th June for 2Kg is nowhere near those levels.

Last edited by User211; 22-09-2022 at 20:36.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Wow.

They have recently put their prices up a lot.

My last order on the 12th June for 2Kg is nowhere near those levels.

they had some cheaper one for sure but, yes the prices are deffo up..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Bag of these arrived today too. I get a bag delivered automatically every few months..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sunday's effort
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Bag of these arrived today too. I get a bag delivered automatically every few months..
    How was this coffee Grant? Do they do a ground version?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    How was this coffee Grant? Do they do a ground version?
    Not to my knowledge Jim. It's used by me as a cream filler with my more expensive and often lighter roasted ones.
    I always, or nearly always blend my beans after trying a new one out.
    It's a strongish coffee as it's got a fair bit of robusta in and dark roasted.

edit actually they do some ground ones... look up on amazon
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread