+ Reply to Thread
Page 399 of 483 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4823

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice description, mate

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Thumbs up Outstanding new beans from The Welsh Coffee Company!

Ok, I said I'd post my findings when I'd sampled some new beans from the Welsh Coffee Company. I opted to try three different types, available in smaller 250g bags, eventually in order to find my favourite and stick with them, so once I've tried those, I'll move onto another three, and so forth. First up is some Columbian Las Galeras, shown here: https://welshcoffee.com/product/colombia-las-galeras/

And this is a cappuccino I enjoyed earlier today using solely those beans, which has probably been my nicest yet:

I have to say that these beans are simply OUTSTANDING! They're a lighter roast than I usually use, but produce a really smooth and intensely rich coffee, with a lovely dense and thick crema and no underlying or unpleasant, rather acrid bitterness, which is so often present in beans of a lesser quality or provenance.

Quite simply, these are top-notch coffee beans, roasted to perfection and supplied in limited quantities by a dedicated and passionate artisan coffee company [with I would hasten to add exemplary levels of customer service], and if this Columbian variety is typical of the quality of beans on offer, then I can't wait to try others from their range! Very highly recommended

Worth looking at the pictures here, many of which portray the company's dedication to supplying the finest beans for true coffee aficionados:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...oiowCnoECBsQAw

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Nice colour and plenty there for a good one
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Can highly recommend these beans from Whittard that we’ve just finished. Quite a light roast but very smooth with good depth of flavour and a lovely, almost chocolatey finish.

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Adam.

Decent crema, too!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nice colour and plenty there for a good one
    Cheers, mate. Honestly, this stuff's a different ball game!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Decent crema, too!

Is it the light though, Adam, as it looks a bit weak and rather pale... Or have you added a touch of milk? Even with a light roast, the crema should be thicker and deeper in color.

No doubt it'll taste good, though!

Marco.

P.S Just thought, I'm presuming you've got a proper pressurised espresso machine, and that's what was used to make the above coffee? If not, disregard what I've said.
    Main System

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    P.S Just thought, I'm presuming you've got a proper pressurised espresso machine, and that's what was used to make the above coffee? If not, disregard what I've said.
    Nope, I’ve got one of these:

https://www.delonghi.com/en-int/prod...65m-0132215185

Much as I love a good coffee, I really cannot be arsed with the long-winded manual methods of making it that involve half a kitchen full of different gadgets, although I doff my cap to those of you who do!

I chuck the beans in the top, fill it with filtered water, select which style of coffee I fancy and it does the rest on its own!

Ah, that explains it then, as you'll never get proper crema without a pressurised espresso machine, just froth. Yeah, I know what you mean - to do it right you need a few gadgets, aside from the machine itself. I've got a whole side of the kitchen dedicated to making coffee/tea - and cocktails for the princess!

What do you use to grind your beans? I suspect you could upgrade things in that department, as how the beans are ground has a *MASSIVE* impact on the quality of the resulting coffee.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

Hi Marco, it's that bitterness that you refer to which I dislike in coffee - will give the "welsh coffee co" a look when I am running low on stocks (strange but I love bitterness in beer, time and place for everything I suppose )
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread