+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 453 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4529

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Stan Tracey Trio – 'Seventy Something'

Label: Trio Records (3) – TR563
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: 2004
    Genre: Jazz
    Style: Contemporary Jazz
    Barry

Stan Tracey Octet – 'Portraits Plus'

Label: Blue Note International – CDP 0777 7 80696 2 1
    Released: March 30, 1992
    Style: Post Bop, Contemporary Jazz
    Barry

Cassandra Wilson – 'Blue Light 'Til Dawn'

Label: Blue Note – CDP 0777 7 81357 2 2
    Released: October 18, 1993
    Style: Contemporary Jazz
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    It’s an excellent album, I have had it since the 70s, a lot of Romantic Warrior is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had it a few days now, nice mint copy. The opening track blew me away, played it about 5 times in a row, side 2 slows down a bit, but great LP.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Yusef Lateef's Detroit
    Latitude 42 deg 30' Longitude 83 deg
    LP

Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

Nice one.

Do you know of his 'Cry Tender'?

Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Had it a few days now, nice mint copy. The opening track blew me away, played it about 5 times in a row, side 2 slows down a bit, but great LP.
    most of their music is pretty good and worth a listen

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Nope…. But I do, now. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nice one.

Do you know of his 'Cry Tender'?

Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

I bumped into her at a gas station a few years back, just down the street from our (former) house. I didn’t know who she was…. …but that car! It wasn’t until after I happened to get her album on recommendation and saw an online article (linked below) about her and that car that I put two and two together. Life is funny… I was used to running into musicians and such in NYC and Nashville but some little home town…. not so much.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-singe...er-11582640613

Quote Originally Posted by cube-tube View Post
    Last edited by WOStantonCS100; 25-06-2023 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    It’s an excellent album, I have had it since the 70s, a lot of Romantic Warrior is very good.

Romanitc Warrior absolutely ruined me while I was still in my single digits. In many ways, I have never recovered and likely never will. Though I never stopped listening to other music, for quite a long time afterwards I held a good chunk of contempt and disdain for "lesser" musicians/"lesser" composers (especially outside of the jazz and classical arenas). The prowess of the musicianship along with the compositional aspect of, in particular, Chick's pieces just wiped the floor with so many who were praised in the music media, routinely. Typical r&b, rock, pop and funk of the day (which I was also into)... forget about it. Lesson learned and retained.

As I grew, I realized not all musicians/composers/songwriters aspire to the same goals and it's perfectly okay, even imperative to "do what you do" (a music library of only Return to Forever and the Elektric Band "I" and II would be sad, very sad, nor did the art of electric fusion guitar stop with Al DiMeola (not by a long stretch)... George Clinton is just as relevant as George Russell. Wayne Newtown is just as relevant as Wayne Krantz. Gil Scott-Heron is just as relevant as Gil Evans and so on it goes.

But, dayyum... in 1976... RTF set the "jazz fusion bar" so high they (in my opinion) had no where to go for their next one Musicmagic... and it showed, despite liking that album for different reasons. Similarly, albums like Birds of Fire, Thrust, Enigmatic Ocean and Black Market all had me wondering for a while why anyone gave a **** about Sonny and Cher! (Full disclosure: I own several Sonny and Cher albums, now.)

...just my two cents off the top of my head... No offense intended to anyone.

+ Reply to Thread