+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 453 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4521

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Interesting.
    The only Don Thompson i know is a Bass player. I think he played a bit with Paul Desmond.

But i see Dave Holland is on this.

Could it be the same don thompson?
    Thanks
    Yup, same guy. He is a multi instrumentalist, and although best known for bass, plays drums too and prefers piano to anything. Canadian.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup, same guy. He is a multi instrumentalist, and although best known for bass, plays drums too and prefers piano to anything. Canadian.
    Thanks Grant.

Don’t you just hate these multi talented folks.

I'm Grant.

Some old Louis Prima shellac remastered here from the 30's.
    Quality is decent

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Thanks Grant.

Don’t you just hate these multi talented folks.
    Im the same, can play air anything
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Texier..Varech.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    BB King. Live at the Regal.

BB is a fave of mine, great musician and style.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    BB is a fave of mine, great musician and style.
    Yup, funny but i dont have a lot of his stuff. More of the great Muddy tho.
    Do another bb later
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

Lonnie Johnston. Tomorrow Night.

Although labelled a blues man, Lonnie was one of the top Jazz guitarists, and was said he invented the guitar solo, especially for use in Jazz.
    Highly respected in day and many of the top players since learnt from his playing.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Nina Simone.A Single Woman
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

I thought it about time I made the effort and listened to some John Mayall, especially as a lot of famous rock musicians I like passed through his bands.

This another I picked up at the weekend and I like it a lot.Mick Taylor is superb on it, from raucous to understated, very good.

John Mayall ‎– Blues From Laurel Canyon
    Label: Decca ‎– SKL.4972
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: 1968
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Blues Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread