+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

The master of piano..Art Tatum

always say this... Astonishing!
    Last edited by struth; 10-03-2018 at 14:49.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Edward.

Amazing. I just spun this up and was floored by the open wide sound so I looked deeper. This is a re-performance of the originals. Zenph Studios digitised the original recordings and then played it back via a solenoid driven Yamaha Grand. Zenph claim to be able to pick up from the original recording how exactly the keys were hit and released as well as Art's use of pedals. They also fixed a pitch error that was apparently evident on the source recording.

see: https://jazztimes.com/columns/cadenza/player-piano-man/

Now off to listen to some more stuff Zenph has done. For example Bach Goldberg Variations played by Glen Gould.
    Source: Tidal/Roon
    DAC: Metrum HEX NOS

Amp: Sugden Masterclass 2018 spec, Radford Revival STA25,
    Speakers: Tannoy Eaton

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Amazing. I just spun this up and was floored by the open wide sound so I looked deeper. This is a re-performance of the originals. Zenph Studios digitised the original recordings and then played it back via a solenoid driven Yamaha Grand. Zenph claim to be able to pick up from the original recording how exactly the keys were hit and released as well as Art's use of pedals. They also fixed a pitch error that was apparently evident on the source recording.

see: https://jazztimes.com/columns/cadenza/player-piano-man/

Now off to listen to some more stuff Zenph has done. For example Bach Goldberg Variations played by Glen Gould.
    yup, ive got a peterson one too. his wife said it was immaculate to point she thought it was him there
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Edward.

So far as I can make out Zenph only did 4 albums (Art Tatum, Oscar P, Gould's Bach and Various Rachmaninoff pieces) as now they seem to have been swallowed up by Steinway who seemingly use the same tech in their Spirio self playing piano that sells for $$$$.

Listening to the Rachmaninoff currently which is lovely - lots of delicacy.

Source: Tidal/Roon
    DAC: Metrum HEX NOS

Amp: Sugden Masterclass 2018 spec, Radford Revival STA25,
    Speakers: Tannoy Eaton

I'm Grant.

yup, think thats right. ive got 2 cds. both are excellent quality
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Lena Horne. speaker's Corner vinyl
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Howlin’ Wolf – ‘Moanin’ in the Moonlight’

Howlin’ Wolf –‘Howlin’ Wolf’

Albert King – ‘The Best of Albert King’

Lightnin’ Hopkins – ‘The Very best of Lightnin’ Hopkins’

Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Grant.

4 good choices there Barry
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Lena Horne. speaker's Corner vinyl
    got this vinyl on again. superb recording this...
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Marvellous album

George Benson

Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread