+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 453 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 4521

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I saw Abdullah Ibrahim with a drummer and bassist in London about 15 years ago. Quite different to his 'Dollar Brand' alias.

Agree about Stanley Clarke's 'School Days' - my favourite amongst his output.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Lee Konitz ‎– Motion
    Label: Verve Records ‎– 2317 106
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo, Mono

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Lloyd.

Chet Baker "Live in London Vol2"

Chet - Trumpet
    Jim Richardson - Bass
    Tony Mann - Drums
    John Horler -Piano

Strollin, Broken Wing, My Ideal, Stella By Starlight, Down, Dolphin Dance, Polka Dots And Moonbeams, When I Fall In Love, Dear Old Stockholm, Just Friends....

I've only just come across this album and it's great ..i can easily forgive the odd sonic errs after all recorded on a personal recorder to start .. it allows you to close your eyes and feel like your in the 'Canteen' as a performer live always moves a bit and sometimes reminds you they are a human playing live ....

All in all as someone getting into Jazz after being exposed as a teen, my old pops often had Jazz music going on in the background, sadly it was only his final year that i learned that he had been a good friend of Ronnie Scott throughout the 50s and early 60s and through Ronnie, got to know Ted Heath a bit and Johnny Dankworth very well, I never asked Pops if he had seen Chet ..but i remember being told he was very good when 1 time i said he was on an Elvis Costello track as a soloist .. Shipbuilding iirc ...i was really into Costello at the time....

Its a great album to my ears ..if you haven't heard it give it a listen

I'm Adrian.

I purchased this from steve-z, I took a chance on it after having a read, it is a stunning album musically IMO and beautifully recorded, if you like moderne Jazz with a folky/contemporary twist then this is worth having a listen to. Thanks Steve!

Edgar Meyer ‎– Unfolding
    Label: MCA Records ‎– MCA-5694
    Series: MCA Master Series –
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1986
    Genre: Jazz, Folk, World, & Country
    Style: Contemporary Jazz, Progressive Bluegrass

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

This is extremely good, very varied, Trios on side 2 is virtually a classical piece, beautifully played, quite reflective. The other pieces rename from introspective to musically funny, really worth listening to. It will certainly test you speakers out with Mr Mayer's double bass.

Edgar Meyer ‎– Dreams Of Flight
    Genre: Jazz
    Style: Contemporary Jazz
    Year: 1987

I'm Grant.

King Hokum.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Maria Muldaur.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

This is a cracker!!!

Yellowjackets ‎– Four Corners
    Label: MCA Records ‎– MCA-5994
    Released: 1987

I'm Adrian.

Some lovely keyboard playing one this, very soulful and relaxing. The track Two Mood one the Grand Prize at the 1974 California Music Teachers Composition Contest. John Jarvis has written rock music for Rod Stewart, Stevie Nicks, and ringo Starr. Pop for Art Garfunkel and Setven Bishop, he has also written country music for a few famous people, and Jazz. Also he has won several classical awards. so a pretty accomplished musician.

John Jarvis ‎– Something Constructive
    Label: MCA Records ‎– MCA-5963, MCA Records ‎– MCA6622
    Series: MCA Master Series –
    Released: 1987

I'm Charles.

Preamp | Amplifier: Pass Labs XP-20 | Odyssey Stratos Monoblocks
    Analogue Sources: Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2
    DAC | Digital Sources: Auralic Altair G1 | JVC XL-Z411
    Speakers | Subwoofers: Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio | Monster HTS 5000
    Cables: Wireworld | Pangea Audio | AudioQuest

+ Reply to Thread