+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 453 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 4521

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

Will do if i can find it.. cheers.

Now Blind Willie Johnston.

He only recorded about 30 songs, many of them here.. all around late 20's early 30's. He became a minister but died quite young after his home burnt down and he had to sleep outdoors.
    Blues indeed.. good gravelly singer and decent slide guitarist too, and this cd is quite clear for the music's age.
    Highly recommended of the style
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Memphis country blues festival. Based around buckka white but some tracks have guest slots including Nathan Beauregard, Furry Lewis and Robert Wilkins to mention just 3.
    Beauregard is yet again a musician who got overlooked all his life up until about 2 years before he died in 1970 or so. Bill Barth, who helped found the Memphis Country Blues Society was responsible for his and many others late career starts.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Will do if i can find it.. cheers.

Now Blind Willie Johnston.

He only recorded about 30 songs, many of them here.. all around late 20's early 30's. He became a minister but died quite young after his home burnt down and he had to sleep outdoors.
    Blues indeed.. good gravelly singer and decent slide guitarist too, and this cd is quite clear for the music's age.
    Highly recommended of the style
    Yes, a real "hell fire and we all a bunch of miserable sinners" type of Blues singer. Even more fearful and alarming than Son House.
    Barry

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Just been diggin this.
    On MFSL vinyl 45rpm
    Always loved the material but the orange CBS vinyl cuts imho are utterly shite .. really flat.
    This premium reissue, although nearly poxy £50...really is like hearing a totally different record
    Highly recommend...
    Miles Davis -Miles In the Sky

Been travelling for a few weeks, and just now getting caught up here....

Excellent album Adam. Really enjoying it. Hadn't heard this one from Miles. Upbeat, funky, flowy....great stuff!

Lightnin' Hopkins

Several LPs of Lightnin' Hopkins recordings by request of my 'other half'.

Last edited by Barry; 26-03-2019 at 21:13. Reason: Images added
    Barry

Some might frown about this:

Chicken Shack - 'The Complete Blue Horizon Recordings'

I'm reminded of what Sonny Boy Williamson said when asked about the burgeoning British Blues scene of the '60s: "These British boys want to play the Blues so bad - and boy do they."

He was right of course, but he didn't recognise their naïve enthusiasm. And that is what I like about groups such as Chicken Shack. Anyway, they along with John Mayall, were my introduction to the Blues, which lead me on to discover and appreciate the original Blues performers of the US. So I will always be grateful to them for that.
    Barry

I'm John.

Default Elaine Elias' Fantasia

Elaine Elias Fantasia.jpg

Lovely piano jazz. I don't know how John Handy got attached here. I'm still learning how to post.
    ~ John
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm John.

Default Albert Cummings

I'm up to page 103 of this thread and I haven't seen Albert Cummings referred to yet.

"Lonely Bed" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqcepdVDWzU

Albert Cummings - True to Yourself.jpg

I'm John.

I'm John.

Default Robert Belfour

I was fortunate to hear Robert Belfour at Red's in Clarksdale, Mississippi, probably in 2008.

Robert Belfour.jpg

This video is not from Red's, but it is from near the same year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Es_oKzC44

+ Reply to Thread