+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 453 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 4527

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Chris.

Experienced Ornette Coleman (Live) with Pat Metheny. Had to see if it made any more sense than listening to 'Song X' did.
    not really.
    but then again; I saw Sonny Rollins in the late 60s which was just as weird. Stan Tracey on piano just sat there, not playing for the first session!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I struggled with some of it; as I do with a lot of late Coltrane. But at times I feel the need to be challenged - so on with the Ornette Coleman!
    Chris.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    That looks interesting. I have a couple of 'Play Bach' records, which I have to confess I do like.

The trouble is where do you post? Jazz lovers will tell you it's not Jazz, and classical music lovers will say it's an affront to Bach, Satie etc.
    Barry

I'm Edward.

Currently listening to some live jazz in Den Haag.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Arf68P30ulKQgdRnGA6VRBh1r7EPCA

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Edward.

George and the Gentlemen of Jazz.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Currently listening to some live jazz in Den Haag.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Arf68P30ulKQgdRnGA6VRBh1r7EPCA

§
    You don't have to go far in the Netherlands to hear live jazz. Several bars in Amsterdam have it, as well as Den Haag, Leiden, Delft etc. And there is also the North Sea Jazz Festival to attend, which is normally held around this time of the year.
    Barry

I'm Edward.

You don't have to go far in the Netherlands to hear live jazz. Several bars in Amsterdam have it, as well as Den Haag, Leiden, Delft etc. And there is also the North Sea Jazz Festival to attend, which is normally held around this time of the year.
    Indeed.

Adam of this parish threatened to take me to the last North Sea festival but he copped out. I'll have to make my own arrangement next time.

§

I'm Svend.

That looks interesting. I have a couple of 'Play Bach' records, which I have to confess I do like.

The trouble is where do you post? Jazz lovers will tell you it's not Jazz, and classical music lovers will say it's an affront to Bach, Satie etc.
    Too funny! Reminds me of the reaction of a dear friend, who is a very accomplished classical guitarist, when I leant her our Miles Davis Sketches of Spain disc. When asked later for an opinion, her outrage, stated in not-so-quiet voice, caused a whole table of guests at a dinner party to fall off their chairs laughing. Near sacrilegious, in her mind. I had to ply her with copious glasses of wine (and extra dessert!) just to calm her down.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Indeed.

Adam of this parish threatened to take me to the last North Sea festival but he copped out. I'll have to make my own arrangement next time.

§
    Ha! Edward..Have you been on the exotic Woodbines??
    Early bird Tickets on sale mid November Edward for July 12/13/14 2019 , I’ll give you the heads up when they come on. Would love to get you out there. Eurostar straight into Rotterdam and the best 3 days music in the world !
    So I haven’t forgotten.
    I believe Peter Petrat and Tom have expressed a wee bit of interest too.
    Could be real fun.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

NSJ festival is second week of July, but you are right great Jazz all over Holland.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Ha! Edward..Have you been on the exotic Woodbines??
    Early bird Tickets on sale mid November Edward for July 12/13/14 2019 , I’ll give you the heads up when they come on. Would love to get you out there. Eurostar straight into Rotterdam and the best 3 days music in the world !
    So I haven’t forgotten.
    I believe Peter Petrat and Tom have expressed a wee bit of interest too.
    Could be real fun.
    Let's do it!

§

+ Reply to Thread