+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 453 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 4529

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

Djangology 49.

Reinhardt's last recordings with Grappeli in Rome in 1949. Although the sound quality is not great, the music is stunning. Great cd

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

A terrific video of Nina Simone playing "Ain't Got No, I Got Life":

This might just turn me into a fan...great stuff.

I'm Grant.

E-C Barlow, live in Tokyo.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    A terrific video of Nina Simone playing "Ain't Got No, I Got Life":

This might just turn me into a fan...great stuff.
    Nina is superb. Some pianist
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nina is superb. Some pianist
    Ain't she though? Those opening notes before she starts singing just pull you in and grab your attention. Wonderful playing.

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

E-C Barlow, live in Tokyo.
    Good one Grant. The Boots song cracked me up. She also sang it on her Seule ce Soir album, but in French. Too funny. I prefer the French version

I'm Grant.

The prof

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hooker and the Hogs

Recorded in 65, this is undubbed but excellent stuff. The Hook is in excellent voice and the Hogs fit in nicely
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Legendary...Screamin' J Hawkins..

Jalacy Hawkins was probably the origin of shock rock..

Just ripped my hawkins cds ..dunno how i missed doing them .lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

John lee hooker double vinyl

Vinyl Passion orange vinyl
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread