+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chick.... 1941 – 2021

I'm Adam.

Default Chick.... 1941 – 2021

The passing of a Jazz 'giant' is inevitably a pretty regular occurrence...
    But the Passing of Armando Anthony "Chick" Corea is a huge loss to music.

I adored Chick's energy and enthusiasm for music. He never stood still.

I had the fortune of seeing Chick numerous times over the past 35 years.
    He always made you feel he would rather be on that stage with you than anywhere else on earth. Never just went through the motions.
    He gave everything. I last saw him with AoS members, PetRat and Montesquieu in 2019 at the North Sea Jazz festival, Rotterdam, with the ‘My Spanish Heart’ band, flamenco dancers, guitarists, percussionists ….the whole package. He was truly awesome in the real sense of the word..

I dug out a few records from his career last night, from his contribution on drummer Pete La Roca’s ‘Turkish Women at the Bath’ album,
    to ‘Return to Forever’ and ‘Trio Music’ on ECM and then to the latest Trilogy live dates. He was always quality.

Bloody Covid and the subsequent Lockdown stopped us seeing the last London dates at the Barbican March 2020, (still have the tickets pinned to my pin-board)

Thank You Chick, what a contribution to life, we applaud you!!

"lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm John.

Very nice post Adam

+ Reply to Thread