+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 452 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4519

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........Post no 999!
    And now up to Post no. 1000. No wonder I can't keep up! So much music, so little time.... sigh...

I'm Svend.

Listening to this one right now....

Marsalis and Clapton Play the Blues, Live at Lincoln Center. These guys are having fun! You can hear them laughing on stage. Not for serious listening

I'm Geoff.

Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Listening to this one right now....

Marsalis and Clapton Play the Blues, Live at Lincoln Center. These guys are having fun! You can hear them laughing on stage. Not for serious listening
    It is for serious listening....serious fun!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    It is for serious listening....serious fun!
    So right! You know, every now and then one needs to put on some music that is just a joy to listen to, where the musicians are obviously feeling the same and playing for the sheer fun of it. This album is one of those. A good recording of Bach's orchestral suites do it for me in the classical realm. Shelley Manne in jazz. Some of the Allmann Bros. in rock..... I could go on....

But I'm waxing philosophic again. It's late Thursday and time for a beer!

I'm Grant.

Pink Anderson...vol2

Pinkey played Pidemont blues, and was discovered later in life, spending most of his time in a medicine show.
    As an aside, pink Floyd got their name from his "pink" name.. the floyd came from floyd council.

Think it was Syd Barrett's idea.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Diana Krall live in Paris..the Olympia i think.. sort of a live great American songbook. Great musical skills from all concerned.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Basie Big Band.
    This is a Japan cd
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Allman Bros
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Furry Lewis and Bukka White

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread