+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 452 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 4519

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    there is some music knowledge right there folks!
    I tip my hat to sir!
    I'll second that. Keep this up Grant, and you'll have earned the nickname The Professor.

I'm Grant.

Last album tonight before my rest. Lol

Homesick James and Snooky Pryor with the Big Bear Sessions... this is a double cd and is pretty much 3 full albums plus a few extra cuts. Big Jim Simpson started Big Bear Records in 1968 but it never really got going til 72. This is from the next year.
    Jim began to host blues nights in a pub in Birmingham. His clientile early on included Ozzy Osbourne and Toni Iommi, who used to play at intermission. Lol. That was pre sabbath of course.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Son House – ‘The Original Delta Blues’

Then something a bit ‘lighter’:

Taj Mahal – ‘The Natch’l Blues’

and

Taj Mahal – ‘Dancing the Blues’

Now:

The Powder Blues – ‘Uncut’

Stevie Ray Vaughan – Live Alive’

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    there is some music knowledge right there folks!
    I tip my hat to sir!
    Just type "Good Morning, School Girl" into Google, and you'll find the Wikipediea entry as quoted.
    Barry

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just type "Good Morning, School Girl" into Google, and you'll find the Wikipediea entry as quoted.
    Oh! Ok, yes, I forgot it was that easy now a days!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Grant.

Well where else do you get info but the web these days?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Well where else do you get info but the web these days?
    Agreed - it's where I get most of mine.
    Barry

I'm Svend.

Stevie Ray Vaughan – Live Alive’

Listened to this one last night, and it's a good one. I had his Live at Carnegie on a few days before, which is a bit more polished. Live Alive, OTOH, is wonderfully gritty and punchy. Still, the Carnegie recording is well worth a listen...some great stuff on there. Nice to see another SRV fan here

I'm Chris.

Saw SRV live in my youth!**
    After reading Jeff Day's enormously long review of the Nelson Pass SIT3 amp (Positive Feedback) I dug out Egberto Gismondi CD. ECM recordings were often weird, musically-I had many on vinyl in 80s - but very well recorded.

**...and Hendrix; Cream; Bob Marley....... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........Post no 999!
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

Levon Helm...Dirt Farmer. Ex drummer from the band, this was his first solo album for 25 years when it came out in 2007. Recorded at his own woodstock studio.

Very good it is too...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread