+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 452 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Muddy Waters...Folk Singer/vinyl

should say this album is from 1963 and Muddy's only purely acoustic album. Played in a session with Willie Dixon, bass, Clifton James, drums, and Buddy Guy on acoustic too. John T Brown plays sax on the extra tracks recorded at a later date.
    I love this LP so much. Great Choice Grant ....
    Although the track "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" is moralistically very suspect indeed!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Grant.

lol, it was never seen that way tmk Adam. in 1990 Sonny Boy Williamson the 1st's 1937 recording of "Good Morning, School Girl" (same song) was inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame in the "Classics of Blues Recordings – Single or Album Track" category. Numerous artists have recorded or performed the song through the years, such as: Muddy Waters (1950) Paul Butterfield (1964), Rod Stewart (1964), Junior Wells (1965), Chuck Berry (1967), Grateful Dead (1967), Taj Mahal (1969), Ten Years After (1969), Johnny Winter (1969), Van Morrison (1993), Paul Rodgers with Jeff Beck (1993), Huey Lewis and the News (1994), Jonny Lang (1997), the Derek Trucks Band (1998), Devil In A Woodpile (1998), Gov't Mule (2012), and Widespread Panic (2012). Motörhead (live only). The Allman Brothers Band played it in the first set of their final concert at the Beacon Theater in New York on October 28, 2014.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

More Real Folk Blues. Muddy Waters. first released in 67 in US, this has some tracks missing from the Chess Box.
    The bash-you over the head,She's Alright featuring Elgin Evans and the moody My Life Is Ruined are 2. Worth a listen.

Oops forgot pic. Lol

This is the dol reissue
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

Grant! I can't keep up with all your posts! Slow down There's only so many listening hours in a day, bud.

I'm Grant.

ok, thats the blues for today...lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

Here, have a listen to this:

Florian Hoefner Group, Songs Without Words. Some good stuff on here. Very compelling.

This should slow you down....for a few minutes...

I'm Grant.

Blind Lemon Jefferson... Black Snake Moan.... Blind Lemon or lemon henry was probably the first blues star. this is 20's and 30's stuff.. all noisy due to his 78's being played to death at the time. op Guitarist in the day and not easy copied back then.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Here, have a listen to this:

Florian Hoefner Group, Songs Without Words. Some good stuff on here. Very compelling.

This should slow you down....for a few minutes...
    will save it to spotty if available Svend/
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ian Siegal and the Youngest Sons...The Skinny....

Ian moved to Mississippi to get the vibe. He joined up with the sons of other old time blues artists aka youngest sons... Quite a good album this. Had it for while and doesnt get enough plays really
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    lol, it was never seen that way tmk Adam. in 1990 Sonny Boy Williamson the 1st's 1937 recording of "Good Morning, School Girl" (same song) was inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame in the "Classics of Blues Recordings – Single or Album Track" category. Numerous artists have recorded or performed the song through the years, such as: Muddy Waters (1950) Paul Butterfield (1964), Rod Stewart (1964), Junior Wells (1965), Chuck Berry (1967), Grateful Dead (1967), Taj Mahal (1969), Ten Years After (1969), Johnny Winter (1969), Van Morrison (1993), Paul Rodgers with Jeff Beck (1993), Huey Lewis and the News (1994), Jonny Lang (1997), the Derek Trucks Band (1998), Devil In A Woodpile (1998), Gov't Mule (2012), and Widespread Panic (2012). Motörhead (live only). The Allman Brothers Band played it in the first set of their final concert at the Beacon Theater in New York on October 28, 2014.
    there is some music knowledge right there folks!
    I tip my hat to sir!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

+ Reply to Thread