+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 452 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 4519

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

Nina Simone..Released.

excellent and interesting section of Nina's work. Not been remastered but maybe all the better for it. Most of this is from mid to late 60's I think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Oscar Peterson..Night Train
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

Good one Grant! Night Train is one of the first jazz LPs we bought back in the day when first exploring jazz music.

Small side note: my wife had a young student in one of her high school science classes, whose father was studying under Oscar when he taught at York University in Toronto. The family had moved all the way from somewhere in the southern US so the dad could learn from the great Oscar. By all accounts he was a wonderful tutor.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Good one Grant! Night Train is one of the first jazz LPs we bought back in the day when first exploring jazz music.

Small side note: my wife had a young student in one of her high school science classes, whose father was studying under Oscar when he taught at York University in Toronto. The family had moved all the way from somewhere in the southern US so the dad could learn from the great Oscar. By all accounts he was a wonderful tutor.
    Great album from one of the best, if not the best around.. i can imagine he would be a good tutor.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now Mr shake, rattle and roll himself...Big Joe Turner

His area was often called jump blues.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Billie Holliday, also known as Lady Day.

mp3 of the vinyl... not bad quality too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels.. great band and has likes of Reuben Rogers, Eric Harland, Bill Frisell and Greg Leisz with saxaphonist Charles Lloyd.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Jaki Byard Quartet.

Not sure i like this yet..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The Jaki Byard Quartet.

Not sure i like this yet..

Was right, i didnt like it....

Now this

Hot Sugarband
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Prof

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread