+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Half speed mastering

I'm David.

Default Half speed mastering

Interesting article on half speed mastering here

I'm Deleted.

The recent half-speed reissues of Brian Eno’s first four solo albums are excellent.
    Account Deleted

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The recent half-speed reissues of Brian Eno’s first four solo albums are excellent.
    Absolutely obsessed by Eno's work since 1973 but just couldn't justify the expense involved. Sad really, would have loved the first two albums.

I'm Adam.

I picked up the Abbey Road half speed mastered John Martyn - Solid Air
    I have the original and it's literally stunning in comparison to the original.
    If you see them. pick them up. I think it was £25, which in comparison to other premium pressings (MFSL, Music Matters, Analogue Productions..all £50 +)
    is a no brainer. Even relatively poor new vinyl reissues are up at £15 to £20 these days, the majority of which IMHO are pretty bad.
    Amazing mastering work, produced with passion.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm paul.

Just bought supertramp crime of the century, my original is in bad shape from my late night drunken teen years. I'm hoping the half speed mastering will be even better. It's a Japanese pressing, I heard the roxy music albums were presses in Czech Republic and are rubbish, so best to look out for that. I always ask where they were pressed since hearing that.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Chris.

Hello,
    Yes my original Crime of the Century was bought `74 or`75 so has been played to death, I bought the speakers corner re-issue 10 years or so ago and it`s really great
    Cheers

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    I picked up the Abbey Road half speed mastered John Martyn - Solid Air
    I have the original and it's literally stunning in comparison to the original.
    If you see them. pick them up. I think it was £25, which in comparison to other premium pressings (MFSL, Music Matters, Analogue Productions..all £50 +)
    is a no brainer. Even relatively poor new vinyl reissues are up at £15 to £20 these days, the majority of which IMHO are pretty bad.
    Amazing mastering work, produced with passion.
    I have this too, it's excellent.

I'm Grant.

i have it too. got it from hmv if memory serves
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm phil.

i also have this version which i agree is very good also heard good reports on their re issue of exile on main street,
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Matt.

I found the Abbey Rd Solid air to sound compressed in A/B comparison with a NM 1st pressing.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast