+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't demand anti-biotics from your GP!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Part of the problem is Education, trying to explain to some folk who have a virus, that Antibiotics will have little, to no affect on it' is like trying to educate pork!!! Hence I can understand, [although dont agree with it] why some Doctors' faced with the dilema of having to argue with this person, just give in, and give them what they demand.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I think more people should demand medicines and ask for a full explanation why they are not getting them. Im sorry but I do tend to feel that gps are overpaid and underworked. Maybe I just dont like going to a doctor but it will probably happen more as I get older
    Tell that to my daughter in law, always assuming you don’t mind a punch in the face and a well deserved hour long lecture. I think it’s fair to assume that you have no idea at all what GPs have to put up with. Yes, they’re well paid, but if it’s such a bed of roses, why are they leaving in droves?
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Martin.

They can't be that busy as they are always sending me letters asking me to make an appointment. Plus adverts on telly saying 'Got a cough? That's lung cancer mate, probably, not just a cold, so get down to your G P pronto.' (Where you'll find out it is just a cold but then catch something much worse from the disease-ridden mob in the waiting room).

If the NHS is so overburdened and short of money why spend even more touting for business?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Because although they are NHS doctors, the practice itself is a private business which gets paid per patient. Another example of the ridiculous way in which the NHS is structured and managed.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Martin.

Crazy isn't it?

What I don't get is that if it is as hard to get an appointment as everyone says it is then you would think they are already at capacity as regards patients, and therefore already getting the maximum revenue possible?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Because although they are NHS doctors, the practice itself is a private business which gets paid per patient. Another example of the ridiculous way in which the NHS is structured and managed.
    GPs get paid per patient registered with them regardless of whether or not they see them. I have heard that some patients, who fortunately live healthy lives and haven't seen their GP for years, can get struck off !
    Barry

I'm Taz.

Our old family doctor used to prescribe you paracetamol with every visit, even if it just for a flu jab. Didn't matter if you need them out not.
    Then I got ill and all he would want to give me was heat creams which didn't work but he refused to send me to get checked up. I went to the local A & E to get told I had a form of arthritis. Funny thing was when I went back to him with the letter the hospital gave me he got angry at the fact I got checked up without his permission... Go figure, oh and he's no longer my GP
    Last edited by TazSob; 27-10-2017 at 00:14. Reason: Spelling error

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    Our old family doctor used to prescribe you paracetamol with every visit, even if it just for a flu jab. Didn't matter if you need them out not.
    Then I got ill and all he would want to give me was heat creams which didn't work but he refused to send me to get checked up. I went to the local A & E to get rid I had a form of arthritis. Funny thing was when I went back to him with the letter the hospital gave me he got angry at the fact I got checked up without his permission... Go figure, oh and he's no longer my GP
    Obviously one of the 'old school' GPs who liked to maintain a professional mystique. I once saw my old (and not missed) GP to ask what help he could provide with some flu-like symptoms I had. His initial response was berate me saying it was his job to tell what was wrong with me and not for me to tell him!

My new GP is of a more modern school, listens and explains everything. He has a much better 'bedside manner' than that of my old GP.
    Barry

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I once saw my old (and not missed) GP to ask what help he could provide with some flu-like symptoms I had. His initial response was berate me saying it was his job to tell what was wrong with me and not for me to tell him!
    That sounds exactly like my GP, even though you need to tell them why you were there in the first place...

I'm Martin.

When I was a lad our GP was Doctor Binnie who had served with Orde Wingate in the Chindits in WW2. If you were sick he would come out to see you. None of this nonsense about having to call after 8am to make an appointment. He didn't need to google your symptoms to know what was wrong with you, either.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast